hf1

REALLY cheap recipe

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

REALLY cheap recipe

Postby est4elvis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:19 pm

skint this week so as we have oven chips in :roll: was going to go to asda + get sausages :roll: + a tin of beans for tea :roll: . any ideas that are nice than chips sausages + beans but cheaper? i know its a long shot :giggle: we dont have anything in except for spaghetti, rice, chips, fruit + veg.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: REALLY cheap recipe

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:24 pm

A finely chopped onion, handful of chopped mushrooms - soften them in the pan with butter, pop them on top of the chips and then add some gravy or grated cheese (or if you are me, both).

Chip butties

Forget the sausages, just have chips and beans - add a teaspoon of butter to your beans nom nom

Chips with a tin of tuna mixed with onion/mayo

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Corned beef hash - tin of beans + tin of corned beef + any veg you have - top with potatoes (mashed or sliced) and bake?

Or mix the sausages + beans together and use as topping for jacket potatoes?

Or buy a tin of chickpeas / kidney beans etc and make a veggie chilli to have with your rice?

Loads of options :-)

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby est4elvis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:27 pm

oooh i do actually have tuna in! but no onion :( maybe i can skip asda altogether.... :giggle:

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby est4elvis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:28 pm

hubby tends to do the cooking in this hosue as u can probably tell.... :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Some kind of soup using the veg you have and then adding either rice or pasta to bulk out, or a stew with veggies and then you could add sausages if you wanted or lentils, tin of toms anything you have in the cupboards really. Things like mince, chilli, bolognese, shepherds pie are cheap to do as they all use mince or you can use soya mince and they are cheap to buy but you get quite a lot for your money and they can be bulked out with veggies too. They also all go with chips :wink:

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby est4elvis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:32 pm

potatoes!

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Or veggie "risotto" - add tuna if you want :-) just fry up veg / tuna, add rice and water and boil until rice is cooked.

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby est4elvis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:36 pm

so to not have to go to asda i have tuna, potatoes, sweetcorn, peas, rice, chip spaghetti garlic + bread :giggle:

Next

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights