hf1

How do babies get out?

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

How do babies get out?

Postby weefywoo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Aoife who is 5 has decided she wants to be a midwife when she grows up :dancing: but I've been getting asked "how do babies get out" I don't really think telling her its via a sneeze is a good idea :hiding: :hiding: how have you told your little ones with out scaring the life out of them

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: How do babies get out?

Postby Caroline » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 pm

I told india the truth. She said her vagina was too small :lol: She doesnt seem scarred by it.

My avatar
Thinkerbell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Thinkerbell » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Being a science teacher, I've always been pretty matter-of-fact with my children. As for that particular question, they know that girls have a "hole in the middle" (not exactly how I've phrased it, but I'm too tired to translate properly from Norwegian) and that the babies come out there. I did soften the truth quite a bit, though, when one of them asked in a worried manner. "Mama, did it hurt a lot when I was born?"

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:22 pm

My siters in law gave me a book: Hoe baby'tjes worden gemaakt (How babies are beeing made). They gave it as a yoke because it took some time before our first baby decided to come.
When I was pregnant with DD2, DD1 started asking questions (she was about 2) I showed here the book and told here in here words how it works. (She thougt I would have to spit the baby out :giggle: ) The book shows it in a simple but clear way. It's an old book but maybey there are more recent ones around?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:36 pm

through a door? :giggle:

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:42 pm

My friend gave me a nice one called how did I begin? Its a good scientific one that doesn't shy from the truth but is very child friendly.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Through grown up lady bits? Then hope that she doesn't ask for more info! The boys have never asked but I have always told myself that I would be factual in a toned down manner.

Jonah once asked how did Isaac get in my tummy, "did you eat him"? I simply replied no and he didn't ask again. This time was easy I guess because I told them the truth, that I had an operation to get Emmet out. They don't know that's not the normal way :lol:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:46 pm

I told mine the truth. They could have quite easily have woken up when I was in labour and witnessed the birth anyway! They couldn't quite understand how a baby comes out of a hole so small though :lol:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Louise wrote:I told mine the truth. They could have quite easily have woken up when I was in labour and witnessed the birth anyway! They couldn't quite understand how a baby comes out of a hole so small though :lol:

Lol, I struggled with the idea too, even now I'm not totally convinced :giggle:

Next

Return to Growing Up