hf1

Siblings fighting

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Siblings fighting

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:02 am

not sure what to do. lockie and Riley are starting to hit each other out of frustration anger etc. but they don't seem at all bothered by it. if they see me our dh watching they will complain and dobb the hitter in but if they don't know i'm watching they take a good number of swipes at each other.

they don't hit other kids and lockie gets really upset if another kid pushes our hits him. we obviously drum i'm the gentle hands stuff. but it seems like that doesn't apply to each other.

we do time out, but that normally means that both have to go in.

any ideas what to do? i don't know whether to'ignore' it and let it run its course, or keep acting every time, they also do things purposely to wind each other up. so if be on their case 24/7 if i did something every time.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Siblings fighting

Postby beck » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:44 am

Phebie and Hannah are very much like this. Tbh we let it run it's course, to a certain degree as Hannah is almost twice phebies size but generally Phebie starts it. :roll: when they get bad we separate them and usually they'll come and ask after each other.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Siblings fighting

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 pm

beck wrote:Phebie and Hannah are very much like this. Tbh we let it run it's course, to a certain degree as Hannah is almost twice phebies size but generally Phebie starts it. :roll: when they get bad we separate them and usually they'll come and ask after each other.

this ^^^
. My two would have me. running around separating them or settling arguments all day if I didn't let them 'work it out' - I step in when necessary, but a good "right that's enough being silly, who can help mummy pair the socks" (or some other distraction) works wonders. I use the naughty step when necessary and it works great. x

Return to Growing Up