2 issues going on with the toots right now - help

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

2 issues going on with the toots right now - help

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:21 pm

ok I need some help and ideas please. The toots are just turned 4

1. They keep going on and on about how 'I'm not friends with x and more" or 'I don't like x" Theres a few usual friends that they say this about, but its starting to get embarrasing. I know they don't have to be friends with everyone, but how the heck do you handle this?

There;s a couple of boys in their nursery class that Lockie does go on about every morning, and they are his usual excuse. i've said something to his teachers, not from a point of view of me thinking there is an issue but more to placate him.

2. the 'I miss x' syndrome. It always comes out when we leave somewhere, so for example yesterday we were at the pool and met a friend there. Riley was shattered and moaned the whole way home 'I miss Sophie", another example on the way out the house today to nursery Lockie was stalling and immediately its "I miss Daddy" which then usually triggers Riley off and they are in seconds sobbing in the car!

Its not just nursery that these problems are happening, but its constant and i have no idea what to do.

sorry If this makes no sense, I've just been to the gym and can't lift my arms and I'm starving!

My avatar
alwaysagirly
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: 2 issues going on with the toots right now - help

Postby alwaysagirly » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Watching with interest, can wholly sympathise, the Boo is also 4 and does this

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:13 pm

alwaysagirly wrote:Watching with interest, can wholly sympathise, the Boo is also 4 and does this

hehe I'm glad I'm not alone. funny though I call Lockie, Boo. Maybe its a Boo thing?

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:19 pm

I have a feeling its a "4" thing I'm having it as well with Tom :evil:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:52 pm

emmavmorgan wrote:I have a feeling its a "4" thing I'm having it as well with Tom :evil:

yipeee i'm glad i'm not alone! seriously though, my two are the oldest in one group, and all i get is "I don't like hannah she's mean" etc. and they don't wait for privacy to tell me it! so it makes them look like the flippin devil

and the 'i miss" so and so.... i try to keep our week structured so they know when they will see someone again but it drives me crazy!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:02 pm

sorry to be boring but it sounds completely normal to me :giggle:

Izzy's thing at the moment is to judge people by first glance and declare "I don't like him!!!" at the top of her voice or run upto stranger and hug them declaring her love for them :loopy:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Definitely a 4 thing - happening here too with Ewan!

I find validating his feelings helps. I try not to get drawn in, beyond 'I can see you were upset by that' or similar. He knows I'm listening and it becomes about his feelings and how to respond if whatever it is happens again.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Oh yeah, Jens been doing it for ages. So and so is my brest friend. I dont like so and so....

she is very vocal about her feelings towards thing. It doesnt really bother me, unless shes being unreasonably hurtful, then i ask her think baout what shes saying and sometimes say 'dont be rude/mean'...

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:51 am

I think with the I hate thing, i struggle to know what to say, without as you say @sim getting drawn in.

I'm probably a bit embarrsed too because so much is directed at a couple of girls, who are so 'toe the line' kind of kids/family it makes my two look like I drag them up!

Next

Return to Growing Up