2 issues going on with the toots right now - help

My avatar
alwaysagirly
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: 2 issues going on with the toots right now - help

Postby alwaysagirly » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:52 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:
alwaysagirly wrote:Watching with interest, can wholly sympathise, the Boo is also 4 and does this

hehe I'm glad I'm not alone. funny though I call Lockie, Boo. Maybe its a Boo thing?

She's always been a Boo, a friend of mine actually thought it was her name, I only twigged when they asked me if I'd named her after the girl in monsters inc!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 am

We also have a lot of 'I'm not your friend' at the moment. I mostly ignore it or say 'oh well' and carry on. It's normally a reaction to me doing something he doesn't like -turning the TV off after a count down or putting veg on his plate...

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:14 am

Martha once said to me in the supermarket "I don't want to be your friend anymore" to which I replied "well I'm not your friend I'm your Mum".............

We had a lot of this in reception. All the kids seem to do it, the first time I came across it we were visiting a friend with an older boy who she kept off preschool to play with M, he would have been 4 at the time I think and he said it to Martha because she didn't want to play pirates.

I think they are starting to understand how they might influence the world - this stage came after the tantrummy stage for me & M. It's like first they realise they have no control over the world - hence the tantrums - then they start to see that they can manipulate people by emotional blackmail!

The "I miss" thing happens with us too still now but the not being friends has diminished. At school they seemed to use it if someone wouldn't play with them "Roisi's not my friend anymore" when it's merely a case of the other child wanting to play something different.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:14 pm

thanks for the advice everyone

I did have a classic 'i miss' comment yesterday. We were heading out to play with some friends and as soon as we got the in car lockie said "I miss the house"

I can't win!!!

Previous

Return to Growing Up