Started bed wetting again.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Started bed wetting again.

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Louis has started wetting the bed again poor little love. He is 7.5 now and while we have always had semi-regular accidents I was actually considering removing the waterproof sheet as it has been absolutely ages now. I did use the 1/2 waterproof sheets as well (to save middle of the night changes!) for a long time and stopped them probably 6 months ago as it had been so long.

We have given him a worm tablet as I remember when he last had a increase in bed wetting when we were stlil in Qld. someone suggested worms and we decided that was probably right and it stopped but he did it again last night. We are making sure he goes for a wee before bed and have talked about it as well.

Has anyone got any other ideas?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Started bed wetting again.

Postby Louise » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:59 pm

No ideas but :hug: R (8) and K (6) are both still in nappies at night :x. They just sleep too deeply to wake up to go to the toilet. We have tried the going to the toilet before bed but its the early morning that's a problem here.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:09 pm

I think it is the same with Louis, it was about 4 this morning and we often get wet PJs in the laundry as he doesn't get them down quick enough when he gets there (usually). When you say about the deep sleep I wonder if it is the end of the school year tiredness and he is just exhausted?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:13 pm

Tiredness can play a big part in it, as can worms, utis and routine changes. Lots of juice late in the day can also cause problems - E is now limited to water after 2pm which helps but isn't a cure-all

FC it's easily solved and short lived.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:15 pm

He only drinks water so not that! Saying that he hasn't been drinking much I don't think I wonder if he has a UTI?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:57 pm

@clothmama How's he doing?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Last 2 nights he hasnt' wet :yahoo: I asked him about stingy wee and he said it had been a bit but wasnt' any more. Also I thought about the worm tablets, they would have taken a day or 2 to work. So if it doesn't come back I'm going to presume it was worms!

Return to Growing Up