hf1

School uniform - how much to get?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: School uniform - how much to get?

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:58 am

Mr Clothmama wrote:Ask the school if they recycle uniform. Many do so you can get some really good stuff for next to nothing from experience. Jumpers were particularly good in QLD as they're never used :)

Were you able to find out if they did have one of these? If not, would it be possible to ask the school / parents / governers to set one up?

It does seem to be such a waste of good uniform not to pass it on.

Oliver goes through trousers like nobody's business, but that is a lot to do with football and sliding on his knees, but the jumpers and t-shirts last. We've been able to pass them on to our firends, but it would be good if there were a collection at school.

My avatar
airry87
Clothie
Clothie

Re: School uniform - how much to get?

Postby airry87 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:38 pm

I wouldn't buy too much, children grow very quickly, I would say 2 skirts or pinafores, and 2 pairs of trousers. They won't need washed every day. Perhaps 3 or 4 shirts and a couple of cardigans or sweatshirts. Shops tend to keep their stocks of school clothes low at this time of year, you will find a much bigger selection and offers in the early summer months. you can visit school uniform accessories, it is in London widely famous for kids school uniforms.
hope i helped
Ariana

Previous

Return to Growing Up