hf1

Newly clingy 3 year old

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Newly clingy 3 year old

Postby ponygirl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:18 am

My lo has recently become clingy, where as before she was never a clingy child. This has gotten worse this past week with her even not wanting to go to her grandparents while I'm at work. When I picked her up the other day she had been crying :( She loves going to nursery and is happy there once shes settled but is being hesistant for me to leave where as before I never even got a goodbye.

We have increased her nursery hours as she now gets the funding and shes aware that mummys :pregnant: so there are a few changes going on.

Do you think this is just a phase? Any advice on how to make her more confident again?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Re: Newly clingy 3 year old

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:27 am

Pips went through the same thing at that age, we just had to carry on and she did come out the other side. Huge hugs its not nice im finding pips has got very clingy at the mo (shes 5 now) but think thats to do with everything else going on with her

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:40 am

girlinleeds wrote:Pips went through the same thing at that age, we just had to carry on and she did come out the other side. Huge hugs its not nice im finding pips has got very clingy at the mo (shes 5 now) but think thats to do with everything else going on with her

Glad to hear its not just us! Hopefully both of them will come through it soon. Its so hard when they only want mummy.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:50 am

I agree with Lyndsay, mine went through clingy stages at that age. I think being :pregnant: will be counting too, even Louis at 8 has become clingy, started talking in a baby voice and being really really cuddly and affectionate! He is old enough to understand his whole little world is going to change and while he is thrilled it must be a little daunting too!

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:28 am

Well I know it will take time but for the first time ever we had tears at nursery this morning. Shes been going for about 18 months, even the staff looked surprised :( With my hormones it made me want to :cry: too. She was ok when I left, I dont think it helps that she has a new key person she isnt fond of yet. I'm thinking of giving it a few weeks or so and if shes still not getting on with her key worker asking if she can change, I know she likes the others. Any other advice? Do you think this is a good idea?

Return to Growing Up