Wwyd

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Wwyd

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:32 am

littlesez wrote:She went to yr 2 for a session and came back with a badge :love: I think I will speak to teacher about maybe moving her up either after half term or after Christmas because she really enjoyed it but don't want to rush her into it

Clever clogs!! I think that sounds like a good reasonable plan!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Wwyd

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:28 am

I think it's great that they are trying to challenge her and help her work to a level more appropriate to her.

Oliver goes up for phonics and all reading with year 2 at the moment and is coming home with spellings to learn that his year 1 counterparts aren't doing. The thing that we are all trying to impress upon him at the moment is that it's not always about being perfect from the 'get go' but that you are able to put the effort in and try, even if it does come out wrong occasionally.

Schools have a reponsibility to support children with different needs, being through SEN or 'gifted and talented', but it shouldn't just be about the academic side. If you are concerned about it, you could ask to talk about her emotional and social development too....

Previous

Return to Growing Up