hf1

Coping with the busyness?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Coping with the busyness?

Postby sim » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:11 am

This is one of the reasons we are doing what we are doing - two kids and two very full time jobs is just ridiculous. My (very good) salary is essentially paying for the rent, the childcare and the cleaner. It's just silly. With me off work we will have the same financial position and the children will be with me! DH will have a significant commute but it took him nearly two hours to get home yesterday even just travelling 7 miles in London, which is less then the drive he will have when we move.
That's said, we've gone for new build partly because I couldn't face a building site fixer-upper!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Bus for Louis, bike for josh sounds like a plan xx

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:58 pm

I don't cook every evening which is a great time saver. If it's possible with whatever I'm cooking I try to have at least one portion to freeze for another day, if I can I cook double. I always label it with contents & date.

Sometimes the kids have a lunch style meal as they have dinners at school, we then eat as a couple in peace after they've gone to bed. We usually only do this once as week as we like to all eat together (this can also include 5 extra minded children), but is lovely for us time :D

Previous

Return to Growing Up