hf1

Ella is so unhappy :(

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Ella is so unhappy :(

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 05, 2009 3:00 pm

I need to admit defeat with Ella. She has changed from a confident happy little girl to a sad shy little girl who i have to leave sobbing at school every day.
Her biggest ambition has been to go to dancing lessons, i finally suceeded in getting her a place and she shocked me and DH by sitting in the corner with her knees tucked in her chest saying she was too shy. 2 months ago she would have been up there joining in. Afterwards i said i Shan't take her again if she doesn't want to do it and she had a 30 min screaming fit saying she does want to go
She has turned violent with Sophie, not an a nasty way but she is WAAAY too rough and no matter how much i tell her she wont stop.
The door now has to be left open at bedtime because she is scared.... she wont go swimming lessons without sobbing for 30 mins.... I just don't know whats happened.
Everything we talk about she argues about and tell me im wrong. This morning the teacher had to peel her off me screaming so i could leave
I have talked to her, school have talked to her but we can't figure her out. School have said she is 100% fine as soon as we go.
I have to admit our relationship has never been perfect, she is a difficult child and we struggled to bond due to my PND and nasty split with her rather evil dad.
I want her to be happy and enjoy her little life i want to talk to her without her arguing with me. She seems to have changed alot since she was rushed to hospital a few months back when she passed out due to low blood sugar caused by a sickness bug. I dont think it's linked but she was laways so happy before then....

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Ella is so unhappy :(

Postby Shevi » Tue May 05, 2009 3:25 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: i dont know what to say, but sending giant huggles

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:01 pm

could she be very tired - they do an aweful lot at school noiw, and if shes been worse since being ill - maybe that took more out of her that she still needs a bit more recuperation

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Shevi wrote::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: i dont know what to say, but sending giant huggles
Thankyou xx

jan3182001 wrote:could she be very tired - they do an aweful lot at school noiw, and if shes been worse since being ill - maybe that took more out of her that she still needs a bit more recuperation

You could be right. Only thing is she just won't go to sleep at night!! I hear her tossing and turning from 7-10pm most nights. The noise in the house keeps her awake but she won't have her door shut.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue May 05, 2009 4:09 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: it does sound like there is something really bothering her :cry: :cry:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 pm

babyroo wrote::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: it does sound like there is something really bothering her :cry: :cry:
Yeah i know and i can't help feeling its my fault :(

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue May 05, 2009 4:20 pm

charlibunny wrote:
babyroo wrote::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: it does sound like there is something really bothering her :cry: :cry:
Yeah i know and i can't help feeling its my fault :(

I'm sure it's not your fault hun :hug: :hug: :hug: could it be something to do with starting school, she started at the beginning of the year didn't she? or something that is happening there?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 05, 2009 4:38 pm

She seems ok At scool. Has lots of friends and is very clever. Its probably her home life, im a bit of a mess at the moment myself :( struggling with pnd again but i dont really want to go into that :( :oops:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue May 05, 2009 5:00 pm

does she eat enough? there is a kiddie in my lo's reception class (so same age as ella) whose mum has been told to send in high cal food for 3rd break (the others too, but in 3rd break they usually just have an apple), as he has such a mini appitite, and is just getting so knackered by the whole day.
i suggested honey (or even better royal jelly) in pita, as it sweet and yummy and therefore appealing, but also filling and the pita stops the honey falling out!!!
can you boost her intake of B vitamins or other that grown ups might if they were finding life a little hard to deal with?
have you considered flower remedies? or homeopathy?
bach flower remedies are very bizzare, but i have seen them work on many an occasion (my mum used to joke that she should slip some in my dad morning coffee :) )
and they are safe for little ones.
i agree with others that finding out the root is very important, but until then perhaps there are things that can make her feel that little bit better, and that little bit easier to deal with for you.

...and i know you dont want to talk about the pnd...but perhaps some of the things you try to institute for her (routine, eating regularly and healthily, complementry medicine etc) might help you too...have you considered a mother and baby excercise class? local to me we have a pushymothers class, which is basically just a walk round a park with a bunch of mums and their buggies, not expensive, socail, fresh aire and excersize, all brilliant things...

Next

Return to Growing Up