hf1

2 year check

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: 2 year check

Postby Shaunie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:12 pm

tracedw wrote:My DS1 was 2st 8lb at 23 months and off the chart for his height, he is now 11 and towers over me (a diddy 5ft 2) has a size 9 shoe and wears mens clothes with a 34in waist,expensive business not being able to wear kids clothes any more :wink:

I reckon DS1 will be like that as he's 3ft 8" & a size 11 shoe and currently wears age 5-6 clothes which are getting a tad short. He's not 4 until December either :shock:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
Shaunie wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:Yep that really is tall, Gracie is tall at 3ft, she is slim though at 26lbs
That is a predicted height of 6ft 2" ish for your DS, well ish, they say to measure them on their second birthday and then double it. Being tall myself though I don't think 6ft 2" is particularly tall for a man :wink:

:giggle: I think a man is short if he's under 6ft tall :oops: . I thought Isaac was a little shorter than Jonah at the same age but I kept telling myself it would be ok as long as he's over 6ft tall :lol:

So do I, well not short short but defiantly not tall, even when I was at school and shorter than my girlfriends I never like short men :giggle:
Our Anna isn't going to be overly tall copared to the other 2, she is predicted to be 5ft 8" ish

At 5ft 5" I'd love to be 5ft 8". I have a history of tall boyfriends, all over 6ft with the tallest being 6ft 10" :shock:

DH is 6ft 5", SIL is 6ft 1", MIL is 5ft 10" & my Dad was 6ft 3" so kind of guessed at least one would be tall. You watch, if we have a girl next she'll take after my Irish side with an average height 5ft 2" :roll:

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Shaunie wrote:
tracedw wrote:My DS1 was 2st 8lb at 23 months and off the chart for his height, he is now 11 and towers over me (a diddy 5ft 2) has a size 9 shoe and wears mens clothes with a 34in waist,expensive business not being able to wear kids clothes any more :wink:

I reckon DS1 will be like that as he's 3ft 8" & a size 11 shoe and currently wears age 5-6 clothes which are getting a tad short. He's not 4 until December either :shock:

just checked DS1 chart and he was 3ft 9 on his 4th birthday, looks like you have a big one on your hands too, better start saving now :giggle: Oscar will only wear mens size Duffer,Fat face,Ted Baker etc so i tend to get his stuff in the sales now :oops:
My dh family in Ireland are all tall, most of the men are 6ft 2-4 whereas i come from a long line of tinies, women mainly 5ft ish and none of the men over 5ft 5

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:32 pm

tracedw wrote:
Shaunie wrote:

just checked DS1 chart and he was 3ft 9 on his 4th birthday, looks like you have a big one on your hands too, better start saving now :giggle: Oscar will only wear mens size Duffer,Fat face,Ted Baker etc so i tend to get his stuff in the sales now :oops:
My dh family in Ireland are all tall, most of the men are 6ft 2-4 whereas i come from a long line of tinies, women mainly 5ft ish and none of the men over 5ft 5

Oh my goodness, I shall have to sell his toys to fund clothes as he gets older :giggle: . Am dreading the 'labels' stage so will try to keep him away from expensive brands until he can buy his own :wink:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Shaunie wrote:
tiyuricc wrote:i should really check ds... he hasn't been done since the last face-to-face check up which was 9 months i think. the 2 yr and 3 yr checks around here are just useless questionnaires about how many words they say and whether you've taken them to the dentist, that sort of thing and it's all done by post.

Wow - by post :shock: . There were those sorts of questions too but we went to the local chldrens centre and they'd set out a toy table for the boys to play with which was nice. Got a few new books in his pack too :wink:

Ours are done by post too for the 2 and 3 year checks.

Nathan is 3ft now!

Previous

Return to Growing Up