hf1

The big move: updated

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

The big move: updated

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Well since we go on holiday in 2 weeks and there won't be a cot for Austin (I did say when it was booked last year that he would probably still be in a cot so I would like one for him, but when your not paying I suppose you don't get a say) we have moved him in to his big bed today. He looks so small and despite being very excited as we put it up together and told him all about it and begging to go to bed for about an hour before hand it doesn't appear to be going to well :( . I've kept him in his sleeping bag as I thought that would make the change easier but he's been crying for a good 30 mins (don't worry he's not abandoned I've been going up) :cry: does it get easier? Is it just a first night thing? I suppose it was coming as we will need the cot for bump but for some reason I thought it would be easy :(
Last edited by 0_Lisa_0 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: The big move

Postby monsterm » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:54 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Sorry don't have any advice and hope its just one of those 1st night things, just wanted to send you some :hug: :hug: :hug: and hope that he goes to sleep soon x

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:13 pm

aww :hug: I hope he goes to sleep soon for you, it's not nice seeing them distressed.

On a more positive note at least he's still in his bed after 30 mins, when we introduced ds1 to a bed he was like a yo-yo, he found it highly amusing that he could get in and out of it by himself. I will admit it was rather trying until the novelty wore off. xx

My avatar
pebbles08
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby pebbles08 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:24 pm

>:D<
I wish I could say it all went smoothly for us when we made the progression; DS found it great that he could get up whenever he felt like it(cue a few falling-over moments and swift progression from bags to duvet); but with a bit of perseverance and a few gritted teeth (on my part) we got through it; and it does get better!

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 am

Hi Lisa, any progress? I hope its getting easier for you and him. :hug:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:17 pm

The first night I gave up and put him in the cot so we restarted Sunday night and he fell asleep by 10 with me in his room, Monday was better and he was asleep by 9.30. Last night he complained of being hungry so got him back up for a biscuit, put him back down at about 8.30 and he was asleep by 9 :wine: I think we're getting there (and hope that I haven't spoken too soon). He does seem to like the fact he can get up in the morning and come to his door to shout me :giggle:

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: The big move: updated

Postby bekhi1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Great progress! :wine: Touch wood it continues. :thumbsup:

Return to Growing Up