hf1

Long hair on boys - style, or just let it grow?

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Long hair on boys - style, or just let it grow?

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

zoeyboo wrote:Jen that looks lovely, I'd just leave it if it were me.
Rufus' is like that at the front pretty much (plus a cow lick :roll: ) but the back isn't as thick/grown in ... he still has that baby patchyness/fluffiness at the back but it's getting there.

I agree with Zoe - for his age it's gorgeous!!! I didn't cut Kai's into a style until he was nearly 4 :oops: & that's when it all went into a faux hawk :)

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:39 pm

Right will leave it be for now then and try to resist cutting it! The back though I always think needs some shape or layers but I wouldnt go near him with scissors as his hair is so straight that one out of place cut and its stupid looking :giggle:

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Cadiva » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:31 pm

James is three and his hair is longish but I do try and keep it trimmed at least around his eyes otherwise he can't see. When it gets longer it curls and we have had the occasional comment about it looking girly, usually from my dad or my brother but I just ignore them as it's not meant as an insult/seriously.
I cut it myself though because he doesn't like the hairdressers so it can look a bit scruffy!
Last edited by Cadiva on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Cadiva wrote:James is three and his hair is longish but I do try and keep it trimmed at least around his eyes otherwise he can't see. When it gets longer it curls and we have had the occasional comment about it looking girly, usually from my dad or my brother but I just ignore them as it's not meant as an insult/seriously.

We get giry comments from my DF's aunt who is quite old fashioned in her views of haircuts and colours for boys. Other than that most agree he suits it long :D

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Cadiva » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:36 pm

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:
Cadiva wrote:James is three and his hair is longish but I do try and keep it trimmed at least around his eyes otherwise he can't see. When it gets longer it curls and we have had the occasional comment about it looking girly, usually from my dad or my brother but I just ignore them as it's not meant as an insult/seriously.

We get giry comments from my DF's aunt who is quite old fashioned in her views of haircuts and colours for boys. Other than that most agree he suits it long :D

Same here, most people think James looks uber cute with long floppy hair :) Although by long I mean to the nape of his neck, his doesn't grow much longer than that atm at the back.

This is from a few weeks ago before I hacked at the back of it in the bath.

And this is from Wednesday, it's growing back already.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:25 am

Aww, I think I'll just leave Rhys' to grow and just trim the fringe a bit (or get my sis to do it next week since she's a hairdresser :lol: The only thing is Rhys has hair like Harry Potter, just a scraggy mess that only actually stays put when wet and as soon as it dries it just goes mental :giggle:

All these little long haired boys look lovely :D

Previous

Return to Growing Up