hf1

Urgent help - terrified of monsters at night - update p2

My avatar
MandaRin
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Urgent help - terrified of monsters at night

Postby MandaRin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:29 pm

We're going through as well. Introducing her to the cookie monster on Sesame Street has helped, as she learned that monsters are friendly as opposed to scary. The fear has definitely died down but still comes out occasionally.

She's just got an overactive imagination. I had one as well and was frightened of things under the bed for ages.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:42 pm

I'd go for the spray too, they can spray it and then it goes away until the next night and if you put a drop of lavender oil in it might aid sleep too :wink:

We have mess monsters here, they only come out at night and only if the room is messy ;) We got that from a little library book and it still works, Ocean won't go to bed with a messy room :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:52 pm

ladybird wrote:I'd go for the spray too, they can spray it and then it goes away until the next night and if you put a drop of lavender oil in it might aid sleep too :wink:

We have mess monsters here, they only come out at night and only if the room is messy ;) We got that from a little library book and it still works, Ocean won't go to bed with a messy room :giggle:

:hohoho:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:54 pm

SO yesterday - he screamed the house down at nap time, so no nap. i'm so glad the toots are used to each other, Riley was just sitting up in their bed singing 10 tickely toes, as lockie had a meltdown.

i figured he would be so tired he'd sleep, and we talked about monsters and checked the windows. then he asked if there were any chickens flying outside :giggle: . He was all calm until I went to leave and he kicked off again.

So I decided to try a bit of controlled crying, which has always worked in the past, 2 goes at that and I was putting him back in bed and he started to get out but saw I was still there and he lay back down. So i stayed in view and he checked a couple of times and I slowly moved out. And that was him done for the night.

He's away in nursery this morning, so I'll try the same thing again tonight.

thanks for all the ideas. Oh and the monster spray was a wash out with him but Riles thought it was the best thing ever!

Previous

Return to Growing Up