hf1

Mathematically advanced, help!

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Mathematically advanced, help!

Postby evansmummy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Both DS1 and 2 are on the gifted register for maths. We where told too that theres no extra help. They said we can go online to download sheets etc but thats it :-? Weve been lucky as DS2 teacher does an extra hour once a week with him after school (in her own time :love: ) and she also did this with DS1 as he had her last year. I asked DS1s new teacher about extra support this year and was told the above :-?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:30 pm

bekhi1983 wrote:
ladybird wrote:We use Maths Playground online. There's also Mathletics, which the child works through at their own level. That might be worth looking at. You can phone them too and they're pretty helpful. I think they do a 10 money back guarantee so you can try it out.

Thanks for these links. I can remember Aidan doing the World Maths Day through a school password previously and he loved it so think I'll definitely be looking into the Mathletics. The Maths Playground looks good as well. There's also a few bits on the BBC Bitesize website.

I'm having another meeting with his teacher next week. He said he knows there has been local out of school sources previously but whether or not it extends to Aidan's age is doubtful. He said the local football team also use to sponsor something but from looking online I can't find anything. I really do live in a pants area.

If you ask the school they may well give you their Mathletics password. I know that Nayan's school gave it out if you asked and would update it regularly.

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:26 pm

evansmummy wrote:Both DS1 and 2 are on the gifted register for maths. We where told too that theres no extra help. They said we can go online to download sheets etc but thats it :-? Weve been lucky as DS2 teacher does an extra hour once a week with him after school (in her own time :love: ) and she also did this with DS1 as he had her last year. I asked DS1s new teacher about extra support this year and was told the above :-?

Have you mentioned to your DS2's teacher about what DS1's teacher said? She sounds lovely and if she know she may offer to teach them both together :D

Previous

Return to Growing Up