hf1

Dont know where to put this, but im so confused :(

My avatar
RuthPat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Dont know where to put this, but im so confused :(

Postby RuthPat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:15 am

I haven't found pockets any easier than fitteds. I used fitteds in size 1 and they are fab at keeping in all smells and don't leak. We used Diddy Diapers and Bambinex bamboo with Motherese airflow wraps. I also used Debbies nappies wraps which are fleece and PUL and very cute. One wrap can last a day as long as no poo leaks onto the wrap bindings tehy dry quickly and wash in with all the nappies. I was too afraid to try wool and fleece - I think I may have had I been on this site then for advice. They are soo good and natural fibres against baby's skin must be better :hug:

I did branch out into pockets at 6 months though - this was when I properly discovered preloved. Some are more expensive and very cute but as My DD was a wriggler by 6 months I thought it would be less of a struggle to put on only one item instead of 2. Cute factor aside you can increase or decrease required absorbancy by using different sizes and types of insert / booster. Hannah has started wetting more and so i have beenable to add an extra bamboo booster to teh inserts my nappies acme with to prevent leaks. I don't know how good pockets are on newborns. What I do know is teh fitted system we used was very effective it made me trun to cloth and never look back to sposies even on holiday. The cute factor was that the cotton and bamboo nappies we used looked more traditional and I liked that.

Good luck with your search for nappies. Preloved is brill to get afordable nappies and experiment. CNT ladies are fab and help loads. We also got a bucket of samples to try via the councill and that is how I discovered Diddy Diapers.
:hug: Rx

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:21 am

Also I have heard of people using muslin cloths as nappies on new borns haven't myself but maybe have a research into that as well. Then you can save your nappy funds for nappies that wouldn't fit from new born.
Also we use itti bitti's they are fab but not great on heavy wetter' s. So for something like that best to wait and see what your LO is like( wetness wise) when they are here!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:43 am

i love my fitted ryan would out wee pockets but not fitteds. i use wool over the top of mine.
i find that they are trimer that pockets but then i would have to boster to the hill to get some time out of them

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:44 am

I used totally plain Tots Bots fitteds, with pretty wraps (I don't get pretty fitteds either) and once Moo started getting wriggly at changing times, I changed to all in twos (sometimes called snap in ones). They can be boosted, as long as the cover doesn't gape (cover needs to be in contact with baby's skin all the way round).

The TB bamboozles are fantastic value as they are birth to potty. Tots Bots

I have one or to I'm about to list on the classifieds if you want to try a preloved one?

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Donna,

not wanting to confuse you any more but have you thought about thirstie prefolds and thirstie duo wraps if you pad fold you will only need to buy one size and they arre only £4 each and you can adjust the rise etc on a size 1 thirstie duo wrap.
I find them much much slimmer than fitted nappies :D so less bulky on a newborn IMO,

hth

ps congratulations btw :wine:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:37 pm

I prefer fitted nappies ot pockets too :) when you could up the time you'll spend searching for pocket inserts and stuffing them, fitteds are just as easy. Fitted nappies with a wrap or wool cover also tend to be more reliable than pockets or AIOs, as there's an extra layer of proctection to keep in the poo etc, iykwim! Saying that, it nice to have a few pockets/AIO's for when you're out and about, or for someone else to use, if they're not sure what to do with the fitteds!

I loved Little Lambs bamboo nappies, and Diddy Diapers for when they are small. They're good value and slim fitting, and you can usually get them quite cheaply preloved. Little Lambs wraps are great too.

And don't worry, all of us here were probably a little confused when we started out using cloth nappies, but you'll be up to speed in no time :wink:

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Hiya :wave: I use fitteds and pockets. I like to use my fitteds when I'm in the house but if I'm out for the day I find pockets easier. Does your local council do any nappy incentive schemes? My local council scheme is organised by a lovely woman who met with me to show me some of the different types of nappies you could get so I could see them in real life. It does make things easier to see them than just going by descriptions!

Try looking to see if there's anything like that in your area, many councils offer money towards nappies now, mine gives the choice of a selection of nappies worth £75 for £15 or a voucher for £25. It's worth checking! Also buying preloved from here means you can try out different things and see if they work for you without spending too much and if you don't like the way they fit your little one then you can resell them.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:57 pm

scarlet wrote:Also I have heard of people using muslin cloths as nappies on new borns haven't myself but maybe have a research into that as well. Then you can save your nappy funds for nappies that wouldn't fit from new born.
Also we use itti bitti's they are fab but not great on heavy wetter' s. So for something like that best to wait and see what your LO is like( wetness wise) when they are here!

i did this with dd as i was expecting a large baby and didn't want to risk buying smalls. i followed same folding directions as for terries (i think the jo fold, but not certain), nippa'd them and stuck a wrap on top. they worked well, but because she was so big (9lb 4oz i think it was), within a couple of weeks when she was over 10lb she peed through them too quickly so i moved onto other things. and the muslins are now in rotation as you would any other muslin, so i've definitely had my moneys worth out of them.

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies