hf1

Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretch vs. Nature Babies Bambini

My avatar
pascoa341
Clothie
Clothie

Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretch vs. Nature Babies Bambini

Postby pascoa341 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi, thinking of getting a couple of one of these different types. If anyone has used both. How would you describe their fit (size 2). I'm thinkin of using it as a BTP with a newborn who should grow tall pretty soon (me and my partner are). Also is there a difference in drying time?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretch vs. Nature Babies Bambini

Postby monsterm » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:02 pm

I can't really comment on the stretches v's bambini as I have never used a bambini. The size 2 stretch would be massive on a newborn though. The size 1's didn't fit my little girl until she was 9 weeks & they were enormous on her.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Not used nature babies but I found the stretch has a pretty wide crotch compared to other nappies and was too wide on my 2 yr old! I would say the stretch would be way too big and bulky on a newborn.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:04 pm

ive not tried the nature babies bambini, but in my experience BTP nappies are rarely suitable from birth.

I know Ive had teeny newborns myself, but friends who've had much much larger newborns (9-10lbs) have found that there is still leg gape on btp nappies for the first few weeks.
I think they can be too bulky on a newborn too.

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:41 pm

A friend used popolino (Like Motherease one size) on her dd. She said she looked like a bowling pin for the first few weeks, she didn't mind this and got on well with them.

My avatar
leeree
Clothie
Clothie

Postby leeree » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:05 pm

I love my bamboozle stretch (sz1) on my wee dot now but I did find them bulky in her earlier weeks. I have not got any sz 2 but I imagine they would be quite bulky?

I do love my stretchies though. Great absorbency!

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Tue May 29, 2012 6:30 am

The new stretchie size 2s are rather wide. They snap down pretty small, but it's the width that would make them uncomfortable on a NB. However, these are my most absorbent big brand nappy. Really I have a heavy wetter, and I can leave them on her for 4 hours!!! I change everything else every 1.5-2 hrs. I love love love these nappies.

If I had it to do over again, I'd buy cheap prefolds or cotton fitteds in the small size for the first 2 months until you can use the bamboozles size 2. I'd buy a whole set of new bamboozles and only have them and blueberry wraps from 2 months on. Seriously, these nappies are fabulous!

My avatar
bunnymummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bunnymummy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:16 am

I've got the bambini's size 1. They are great - slim fitting and nice fit - much higher than the LLs I bought at the same time. Can't compare with stretchies but as no one had replied about the bambinis, thought I would. I bought them from the nappy lady and they have a popper to shorten them for younger babies. I used them a lot between 3-6 months (my baby was premature, so too small for the first few months).

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies