hf1

directional weeing and boosting

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

directional weeing and boosting

Postby clothpenguin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Well, as the title suggests, we are having some trouble with the sheer force of Natty's weeing...Imo gets on no probs with all our nappies but Nat must be nippa'd to be safe! He can outpee many nappies in a single wee simply by soaking half the nappy through. Most of our wraps are ok, we tend to be in ME or Thirsties certainly wraps with leg gussets (thank god for thirsties wraps on skinny babies) but if I boost most of our nappies outside the wrap then the boosting does not catch the wee, if I boost with cotton/microfibre inside the nappy then it just provides an escape route for the wee by b ulking out the nappy and making the legholes gape. Any ideas? Incidently I find microfibre to be bulky for its absorbency, happy to boost with it but am wondering where it gets its slim rep?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: directional weeing and boosting

Postby Shevi » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:52 pm

used to have a similar prob lem, found that cotton terry and bamboo terry were the quickest to absorb hosepipe wees and then hemp either lower or between nappy and wrap. anything less than 3 layers of bamboo or cotton terry didn't absorb as quick as boo could wee it!!
bamboo is slimmer than cotton, but also feels very squishy when wet,,,and boo had some on reaction to wet bamboo terry...but he is a very sensitive child!!!!

oh, and had to loose the fleece for a while is it was too slow to lllet the wee pass thru...went for the boots disp liners which are very soft and yummy

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby MrsWeirdo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:35 pm

I've been having the same problems with my DS (7 months), I hadn't thought that the fleece could be a problem though.... TFTA!! :)

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:25 pm

I use the boots liners still, and generally resort to almost a night nappy for when I need a nappy to work - so Ben is normally in quickflips, but I don't think we have too much of hosepipe issues!

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:37 pm

do you mean bamboo terry like what a bamboo terry square is made of? I guess our clwt twt' s seem to work well but then they are all nippa so that might also explain it.
thanks for your thoughts Shevi

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:17 am

I'm sure Shevi means bamboo as in squares as when I was having probs that is what I used - but I hate how it just goes so soggy and losses its shape

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:53 pm

i had both babmboo and cotton terry square and boosters and flannels that i folded as i wanted to suck i wee quick! i hope that clarifies a little :)

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies