hf1

Little gumnut sizes?

My avatar
mollycoddles
Clothie
Clothie

Little gumnut sizes?

Postby mollycoddles » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi all, just wondered if anyone can help I have a faily tall toddler 21 months... not hugely heavy for his age.
He's in Xtra large bambooty night nappies (but they do come out small). He's in size 2 tots bots bamboozle... full rise on easyfits and close parents.
Any ideas - would the large little gumnut be the right size or should I get extra large... I'm struggling with the sizes they advertise as they don't give any weight ranges and I don't know how to measure rise!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Little gumnut sizes?

Postby sim » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:14 pm

@mollycoddles

Measurements for nappies are generally as follows:
waist is around their waist
hips are the widest part
thigh is around the thigh where a nappy would sit
Rise is where the nappy would sit on their tummy (usually just under the belly button) through the legs and up the back to where a nappy would sit.

You could always email Emma at Little Gumnut to double check :)

If you are measuring for wool nappy covers or wraps you measure over the top of the size of nappy you intend to use with it.

HTH!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:46 pm

They are generously sized. My DD is still in her Ms whereas she is in Ls of most other brands. You might find that Ls are a bit big to start with but they should last ages.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:46 pm

I find little gumnut short on the rise my boy fits in other small nappies still but not these I think is because he us so long. Doesn't matter about weight ime measuring us best :)

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies