hf1

Best sized nappies for newborns?

My avatar
ArwenMcD
Clothie
Clothie

Best sized nappies for newborns?

Postby ArwenMcD » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:41 pm

Hello, I am leaning towards using sized nappies for when the wee one arrives (not necessarily newborn but maybe 6-18lb-ish) to get the best fit and increase reliability. I'd like him to be in cloth from day 1 really and my current favourites are Easy Peasy Bimbles, Nature Babies Diddy Diapers, PopNGro Super Softies and Bambinex Teddy's for day time and Lollipop bamboos and Tots Bots Bamboozles for night time. Please can you let me know your thoughts and experience of using these? Thanks Ladies :)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Best sized nappies for newborns?

Postby littlesez » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Newborn nappies are a bit of a chance really, you could have a 5lb baby or a 10lb baby and they are all different shàpes and sizes! I quite liked having newborn nappies for the cute factor but Leon didn't fit in some of them! Or they lasted 2 weeks. He could fit in his smalls and sizes ones from birth too an his one size fom a couple o weeks.

Not sure what sizes all those nappies you mentioned come in? But anything bamboo is good for absorbency and I highly recommend fitteds for the best containment for newborn poo! Which. Thnk your choices are

Hth

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Im planning on using little lambs, lollipops and bamboozles, all sz 1. Im expecting a larger baby so not bothering with nb nappies!

@missfrodo is currently in the nb phase and may be able to advise!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Well my babyboy is born 2 days ago, birthweight 3480grams, and we use GroVia nb, Teenyfits, LilJoeys atm. With a nappy being worn for max 3 hours and not much pee and only first days type of poop they work perfect. Will let you kmow when bfpoop has made an entrance to see if they hold as good.

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:43 pm

I have the lollipop bamboos size 1 for my baby. I've started using them when she was 4 weeks. Could have been earlier but after 4 weeks I had enough energy back to handle the extra :laundry: :giggle: . Plus she had skinny legs, she was 3500g at birht and that's the minimum weight for these nappies.
She's now almost 6 months and they are getting a bit small.
The work very well for us, but look a bit big on a little newborn baby.
For us the Lollipop nappies are more reliable than disposible's (my husband still prefers them, even when it means a complete outfit change :doh: )
Last edited by mamavan2 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:45 pm

@MissFrodo congratulations!!!!!! :wine:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:34 am

:wave:
I ve used diddy diapers and bamboozles on a newborn. Diddy diapers are great on a smaller baby; I used on my dd2 who was 7lb 2. I didn t find they lasted very long but you are changing so often in the first few weeks. Also they were grown out of quickly.
I didn t get any when I had DS.
I used a few bamboozle stretchies on DS which are lovely and soft etc. he was 8lb 1oz so a bigger baby. I did find they took the longest out of my nappies to dry.
In my experience there is no difference in day and night time nappies for the first 6 weeks if not longer.

The other fitteds I used were random old totsbots bamboozles and other old bamboo nappies I d had from dd1. I had little lambs but they didn t fit for a good few weeks.
I then had some terries, some teeny fits, some little nappies gifted from @littlesez and a cute little Lucy's hope chest boys one ;)
Hth!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:33 am

confusinglady wrote::wave:
I ve used diddy diapers and bamboozles on a newborn. Diddy diapers are great on a smaller baby; I used on my dd2 who was 7lb 2. I didn t find they lasted very long but you are changing so often in the first few weeks. Also they were grown out of quickly.
I didn t get any when I had DS.
I used a few bamboozle stretchies on DS which are lovely and soft etc. he was 8lb 1oz so a bigger baby. I did find they took the longest out of my nappies to dry.
In my experience there is no difference in day and night time nappies for the first 6 weeks if not longer.

The other fitteds I used were random old totsbots bamboozles and other old bamboo nappies I d had from dd1. I had little lambs but they didn t fit for a good few weeks.
I then had some terries, some teeny fits, some little nappies gifted from @littlesez and a cute little Lucy's hope chest boys one ;)
Hth!

Sorry to go offtopic but Nic thank you so much for the package I've received from you, so kind. And lovely things X!

First load off nappies, tiny tiny, is in the machine....strange but I like it ;)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:45 pm

My DS2 was 8 and a half lbs - I used little lambs from birth, they were big for the first couple of weeks so I nippered them rather than rely on the applix, though I don't mind the big fluffy bum look :love:

I also had a few XS nappies but they didn't last long at all.
Some people swear by terries for the NB stage but I didn't get on with them.

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies