hf1

Flexitot fabric seems to be thinning

My avatar
Daisy
Clothie
Clothie

Flexitot fabric seems to be thinning

Postby Daisy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:06 pm

I have 4 Flexitots and have been really happy with them for DD3 (4 months). However, the fabric on the inner seems to be 'thinning' and there are bald patches. I bought them in two goes and this is happening to the first lot - the second two have a different colour inner and seem okay - what is going on?? Has this happened to anyone else? Is it because I tumbled them or a manufacturing problem? Any suggestions?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Flexitot fabric seems to be thinning

Postby flutterby » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:08 pm

The inner on flexi tots is bamboo velour, it shouldn't be tumble dried or washed over 40, though I do with no problems I know others have had problems!!

My avatar
Daisy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Daisy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:27 pm

Thing is, on their website (flexitots.com) it states it should be washed at 60 and then has the tumble dry icon. I thought this odd because I had read somewhere about only washing at 40. I have contacted them to see what they say.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:06 am

If you're getting bald patches I would say that's faulty materials... Any nappy should be designed to be washed at 60 (altho' bamboo velour does last longer when washed at 40 only) and survive at least a year's decent use...

They should either give you new nappies or refund you I would say...

My avatar
Daisy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Daisy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:59 pm

They have offerered to replace them. Seems a faulty batch were made in Turkey and that explains the strange change in lining colour. If this has happened to anyone else, contact them.

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:40 am

I bought 2 when they came out and have been really dissappointed with them, I haven't used them much at all but to look at you'd think I'd abused them for well over a year! there is almost no "bamboo velour" left on them :x I seriously questioned whether it actually was bamboo velour as none of my other BV nappies look anything like the flexitots.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies