hf1

cheaper to buy here or shipped from U.S ?

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

cheaper to buy here or shipped from U.S ?

Postby Lizzy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:18 pm

i really want some bububebes and goodmammas and maybe some more mutts.

so where would i be better off getting them from ?

was just looking on the jabula site and it soon adds up :-?

but i have never ordered from america before, so don't know if it's worth doing ?

thanks. :D

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: cheaper to buy here or shipped from U.S ?

Postby mamaellie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:59 pm

It depends on what they charge for shipping. I know GM charges quite a lot. I use xe.com to translate the dollar amount into pounds, if that helps you. Most of the time the savings aren't really enough to make up for the extra time waiting, the chance customs will make you pay a fee, and the extra shipping cost. Co ops or customs/prints I really want I would say are better ordered to be shipped here, but if you find ones you like at jabula or something, that's usually about the same price and much less headache.

Of course, I have a tame mummy in the US who I'm visiting 3-5 times a year at the moment... :lol:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: cheaper to buy here or shipped from U.S ?

Postby rhead » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:16 am

It's cheaper if you can catch a sale (and for Mutts, she seems to have permanent worldwide free shipping on), but otherwise the extortionate postage tends to make it about the same. Shipping Airmail from Canada is really expensive (it really is about $8 per nappy), and GM will only ship priority from the States (probably wise as it's trackable and insured). On the other hand, they generally have a much bigger choice, so it sort of depends if you like what the UK sellers have in stock!

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies