Muttaqin 3SR/Babyshape?

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Muttaqin 3SR/Babyshape?

Postby Cyrillia » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:40 pm

Hey All,

I sold on my Mutt sized nappies as I found them on the small side and not that absorbent. However, I've seen a few say that the Babyshape ones are good so wondered about these and the 3SR (which I'm assuming is the Mutt version of the one size?). How do people find them - good or bad? What is the absorbency like, and are there any UK suppliers?

Thanks,
Sarah

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Muttaqin 3SR/Babyshape?

Postby clairelou88 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:55 pm

i found the babyshape style really trim and low rise for alister, depends if you need a high rise in nappies/wool etc

i personally dont think mutts are good for absorbancy! but thats just my oppinion because alister is abit of a heavy wetter!
did you get on well with absorbancy with the mutts you had?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:59 pm

I liked our OS mutts but they're not suited to heavy wetters I'd say but the absorbency was fine for Grace - I'm just not keen on front-snap OS nappies :)

My avatar
mozscrafton
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mozscrafton » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:42 pm

We get on quite well with the mutts for absorbency and fit (I have 2 chubby girls :mrgreen: ) might be worth bearing in mind that the new ones have an extra booster in compared to the old ones too :wink:

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Thanks all. I didn't find the ones I had great for ansorbency for Ethan as he is quite a heavy wetter, so perhaps I'm better off not bothering with them. I think I'm getting confused though, as I thought the Babyshape style were the new ones with the added booster? I had the ones that had two snap in layers before.

Sarah
x

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Babyshape are the lower rise ones with one row of snaps instead of 2. They are really much smaller than than standard size ones and much less absorbent.

Thew new ones have added layers in and I think are significantly more absorbent. They don't have a specific name, she is making them all with the added layers in now.

I'm using 3 on Antonia at the mo - babyshape medium, old style medium, and new medium - I get about 1 hour from the babyshape, 2 hrs from the old style and 3 hours from the new.

I sell them in the UK (and they are on special offer at the mo - up to 30% off :wink: ). Only the 'Love and Peas' ones I have at the mo are the new type though (will be getting more in soon).

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks for that. I will definitely keep my eye on your site, in fact - I often find myself browsing it for what I'll buy next... ;) :giggle:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 pm

The new style last as long as many of our other nappies. The babyshape are probably the least absorbant as their is less fabric beacuse of the way they are cut. Blake has 1 large side snap and that is more absorbant and a lovely fit too.

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies