hf1

Wild Child nappies + sizing?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Wild Child nappies + sizing?

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:41 pm

rhead wrote:They are gorgeous, FC it works for you! I have the opposite problem, Lili's turning into such a light wetter at night (now that she's "only" waking up once or twice a night :roll:) that I'm starting to think our NNs are overkill... I love our Bedbugs but they give her an unnecessarily huge bum! :giggle: Thinking about switching to trimmer regular fitteds. :(

Me too. Katie is a very light wetter at night now too. The only time her NNs are particularly wet is if I don't change her for a while after she has got up. I'm still buying/using yummy NNS though. :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:33 pm

We have had one for a couple of months now and while I love it on Gracie (she is very petite and skinny and has a Dreamy plus (size 2)) I am not convinced they would be great for a heavy wetter! Ours came with 3 inserts one of which is mf which I don't use instead I out in a Tykies doublemr (fleece topped hemp) and that works great, the nappy is usually only damp on the outside but Gracie is a realitivy light wetter at night. We use wool or fleece soakers under pj's or a sleepsuit but I am funny about night nappies and only like them to be at best very damp on the outside in the morning.

If you do get one I wouldn't worry about pre washing as they will have been washed several times during the dying process :wink:

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Thanks everyone for the help, Kirsty I bought a WC hemp insert with the nappy so will swap it for the microfibre one. :)

I don't mind how wet it is at this point, as long as her skin is ok and it hasn't leaked! It disturbs her being changed in the night and disrupts her sleep, but if I don't do it I have to change clothes etc, and that's worse.

It has been dispatched today, so I am just really really hoping that a size 1 is ok now and I shouldn't have gone for the plus size :-? Jabula didn't have any so not sure what I will do if it's too small!

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:48 pm

WillowRose wrote:Thanks everyone for the help, Kirsty I bought a WC hemp insert with the nappy so will swap it for the microfibre one. :)

I don't mind how wet it is at this point, as long as her skin is ok and it hasn't leaked! It disturbs her being changed in the night and disrupts her sleep, but if I don't do it I have to change clothes etc, and that's worse.

It has been dispatched today, so I am just really really hoping that a size 1 is ok now and I shouldn't have gone for the plus size :-? Jabula didn't have any so not sure what I will do if it's too small!

Hiya
You can always send it back it it's too small. Try it on before you wash it to check for fit. I'm getting some more plus sizes in (hopefully in the next few weeks) if the size 1 does turn out too small. :lol:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:51 pm

fc it works for you, they are lovely nappies x

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:16 am

victoriaw wrote:
WillowRose wrote:Thanks everyone for the help, Kirsty I bought a WC hemp insert with the nappy so will swap it for the microfibre one. :)

Hiya
You can always send it back it it's too small. Try it on before you wash it to check for fit. I'm getting some more plus sizes in (hopefully in the next few weeks) if the size 1 does turn out too small. :lol:

Brilliant :D

Previous

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies