hf1

Stained nappies- why?

My avatar
Pickola
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Stained nappies- why?

Postby Pickola » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:23 am

I opened my nappy bucket yesterday morning to do a wash and as i put them in the machine i noticed a few of them were looking very badly stained almost on their way to looking mouldy!! :shock: . I don't know why? I had only done a wash on the weekend so they weren't in there for longer than usual, they weren't even the ones from the bottom of the bucket. I wash out any that need to be washed out at the time but use fleece liners so it's mostly by the legs or at the top of the back that would have any marks if any, but this is all over in patches! They are practically brown not white anymore. It's two of my Little Lambs, which i only use for night time anyway so i don't think they would have even been washed out when they were only wet! Help, what has caused it and what can i do to remove the staining? :cry: Oh, and i have washed them and they are no better :(

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Stained nappies- why?

Postby jan3182001 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:25 am

has your lo had any medicine eg calpol???

leaving them in the sun will help - may tqake a few days though

My avatar
Pickola
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Pickola » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 am

As i started to write that he had had no medicine i remembered he had! Didn't think that would cause it!!? It's all over the outside of them too though.. think it will take a marathon sun session- not likely here though is it?!! :roll:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:01 am

Where were they stored, could it have been the heat, has it been hot where you are?? Otherwise as Jan said, there's a good chance it's the medicine

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:12 am

This happened to a few of our inserts due to calpol- if lo does have any, just make sure you rinse & soak straight away in the morning- only thing that stops mine staining.... :-?

My avatar
Pickola
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Pickola » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:26 am

I'm amazed! :shock: I can't believe thats what has caused it, i wouldn't have even guessed that! Bummer though, they look awful now! Now i know, i realise he had calpol two nights in a row as he was teething and really grumpy so that explains it! I hope to be as wise as you guys soon! :giggle: Now i just need the sun to come out.....

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:33 am

I only found out by posting on here- tg for wise nappy women!!! :giggle:

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:03 am

That would explain some horrific stains on ours lol :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:13 am

I do belive if you can get any clear paracetamol suspension this causes less or no staining :wink: We use Disprol here usually and have only had this happen once when I gave her Calpol before bed by mistake. Strangely I've never had It happen on a day nappy, so not sure if it's to do with the concentration/amount of wee, IYKWIM.

The good news is the sun did eventually get the stain out here :wine:

Next

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies