Bimbles ?

My avatar
sleepymummy
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Bimbles ?

Postby sleepymummy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:37 am

Hi

I have been offered a bundle of 10 bimbles by a friend of a friend, that can be used on a newborn ( or so I'm told )
Are these any good, whats the fit like, drying time ,what wraps do you find best with them and how much would you pay for them ? Sorry loads of questions but I only found cloth when Bethany was 5 1/2 months old so have no experience with a newborn. Any views / opinions welcomed

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Bimbles ?

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:41 am

Fit is fab, we LOVED the XS ones on Grace as a newborn - I used the nippa version but either way they were fab... I think new they were £6-7 each...

Once she was over a week or two old the absorbency wasn't quite enough but they were very easily boosted...

Drying time was no problem, and wraps I used weenotions ones, the motherease rikki ones were simple but effective too...

And there's always wool ;)

What size of bimble are they? the size2 are MASSIVE and I wouldn't use them on a small newborn as they'd be swamped!! I use a size2/OS one on Grace now as they're great for stuffing for nights, and it's a fab fit :)

My avatar
sleepymummy
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sleepymummy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:11 pm

brilliant thanks :wine: I am seeing her next week so I think I'll take them off her hands if they are the smaller sized ones. thanks again :D

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

We use the Bumpers, which are the bigger sibling of the Bimbles and we like ours. A bit plain and boring (They could be dyed though ;) ) but they work fab for us :D

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lizzy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Quick hijack... :lookround:

We have bumbles, but didn't know they did a bimble or a bambeasy in size 2. Are they a lot slimmer than the bumble?

Return to Fitted or Shaped Cloth Nappies