hf1

Sure Start Maternity Grant

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Sure Start Maternity Grant

Postby Scotia » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:41 am

I never had a penny for any of mine. Nobody even hinted that these grants were available to working families. My stupid (now retired thankfully) midwife just said 'oh you won't be entitled to anything' and I stupidly just accepted it. My dh is on a low wage and we didn't even apply for tax credits until fairly recently :roll:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:45 am

eviesmummy wrote:Again, Im reading it that the new rules apply for babies born on or after 11th April :? I know a few mums on here have got it this year so far as their babies have been born before the new rules come into play, and they definately have other children under 16.

Going by your ticker you are due about 10 days after me, but if your baby came earlier than and you applied for the grant before the 11th April, then the new rules would not apply :?

I may be having a c-section so I could try. Somehow can't see it tho!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:50 am

So little info is made readily available unless you know to go and look for it :roll: I didnt get any Maternity Allowance with Evie as I didnt know I was entitled to it and nobody told me :? This time when I asked my midwife about the MA1 form she still didnt have a clue that someone self employed would be able to claim anything so who knows how many people have gone without :?

In saying that I dont think the midwives should be responsible for trying to keep up with all the legislation - that information should be readily made available in those rubbish b*unty packs they give out - much more use than the cr*p they put in there.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:56 am

Scotia wrote:I never had a penny for any of mine. Nobody even hinted that these grants were available to working families. My stupid (now retired thankfully) midwife just said 'oh you won't be entitled to anything' and I stupidly just accepted it. My dh is on a low wage and we didn't even apply for tax credits until fairly recently :roll:

Same here Eleanor, we have never had a penny and this just seems another way of the government of getting out of helping out expecting families :roll:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:07 am

Oh blimy...we got it a couple of weeks ago!! I didn't know anything about the changes either! I isn't think for a second we would get it...

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:15 am

Well I know all along I said I didn't want my baby to come early like the other 2 but maybe I'll change my mind now :hohoho: :hohoho:

Hmmm and about that section they offered me at 38 weeks, that would make my delivery date 8th April.........

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:23 am

becky1978 wrote:Well I know all along I said I didn't want my baby to come early like the other 2 but maybe I'll change my mind now :hohoho: :hohoho:

Hmmm and about that section they offered me at 38 weeks, that would make my delivery date 8th April.........

Going by your ticker wouldn't it be 8th May not April?! I'm due 22nd April and you're about 4 weeks behind me aren't you?!

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:35 am

Duh oh yeh! X

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:53 pm

eviesmummy wrote:In saying that I dont think the midwives should be responsible for trying to keep up with all the legislation

That's not what I meant. I was talking about a specific midwife who said those things were only for the young single mums to get, so I wouldn't be entitled to anything, without her knowing anything about our financial circumstances. She was useless in many other ways too and was a bit of a standing joke at the hospital for sending people for unnecessary growth scans because she couldn't examine them properly :giggle:
But yes, these things would be so much more convenient if all the info was in the Bounty Packs. I never got the new baby one after Kerr was born because I left hospital within a couple of hours of his birth, and trying to sort out the Child Benefit form was a nightmare :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Money Matters