hf1

Sure Start Maternity Grant

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Sure Start Maternity Grant

Postby nappynutter » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Scotia wrote:But yes, these things would be so much more convenient if all the info was in the Bounty Packs. I never got the new baby one after Kerr was born because I left hospital within a couple of hours of his birth, and trying to sort out the Child Benefit form was a nightmare :roll:

Yes and no. Many people boycott Bounty and not all midwives hand them out (especially for home births) for various reasons. I do think there could be one source of info though for all sorts of pregnancy and birth related stuff.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:08 pm

I know Morag, but since they put the Child Benefit forms in there (ridiculous IMO) they could just as easily put the other forms in the maternity packs too :D

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Our hospital doesnt give out the bounty packs any more

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Scotia wrote:
eviesmummy wrote:In saying that I dont think the midwives should be responsible for trying to keep up with all the legislation

That's not what I meant. I was talking about a specific midwife who said those things were only for the young single mums to get, so I wouldn't be entitled to anything, without her knowing anything about our financial circumstances. She was useless in many other ways too and was a bit of a standing joke at the hospital for sending people for unnecessary growth scans because she couldn't examine them properly :giggle:
But yes, these things would be so much more convenient if all the info was in the Bounty Packs. I never got the new baby one after Kerr was born because I left hospital within a couple of hours of his birth, and trying to sort out the Child Benefit form was a nightmare :roll:

I was actually talking about my own midwife and her lack of knowledge on maternity benefits :lol: :wink: Had she known, then I could of had full maternity allowance for 6 months which I think it was back then, which would have been very nice to have had - as it was, I didnt get anything :? This time around, I have a new midwife, but again, I had to ask about the maternity allowance form and she didnt know anything about maternity allowance and being self employed either :roll:

Would be nice if there was just 1 simple form to fill in, where you could pop in your details and the 'system' worked it all out for you - perhaps not the B*ounty pack, but an official form from the midwife :? Wouldnt it make life so much easier!

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Yes, I totally agree with that :)

Previous

Return to Money Matters