hf1

Junior ISA - advice please

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Junior ISA - advice please

Postby Johanna21 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm looking to put £250 into a junior stocks and shares ISA but don't know where to put it. DD got £250 for a CTF but ds was too young so I want to put away the same amount for him just to be fair. I'm not adding to the CTF so won't be adding to this either. We're saving elsewhere for the children's education, etc. so this money will be theirs to do with as they choose when they turn 18.

The company we have the CTF ask for a minimum deposit of £500 for an ISA so they're out - that was my first thought to keep it all in the one place and as fair as possible. I'm not expecting great returns but would like somewhere that doesn't charge huge fees and is relatively ethical in their investments.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

My avatar
alwaysagirly
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Junior ISA - advice please

Postby alwaysagirly » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm

NS&I children's bond?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Subbing as we are in the same situation

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:28 pm

We looked into childrens back accounts, not ISAs. Halifax seem to do the best intro offer by far -6%. I know normal ISAs are at 2% now :( But obs after a year you would have to re assess and poss move.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:55 am

Best returns for least charges are with an index tracker, you want a stocks and shres Isa. If you want an ethical investment best bet is the coop but I'm not sure they do shares Issa. I don't think the USA has to be specifically for kids, as long as you set it up in their name

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Johanna21 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I have another look around and see what I can find.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:55 pm

I have done this for Jake as we had CTF's for both Rory and Ethan. We went with the Children's Mutual, but that was simply because we are with them for the older two's CTF's. They were absolutely fine with a £250 start up contribution. :)

Return to Money Matters