hf1

My supermarket question?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

My supermarket question?

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:13 am

Last night i did my shopping through my supermarket to see how much i could save etc.. then when i sent my trolley over to occado the price went up by £15 ... Why did my supermarket tell me one price and then occado say something different...

I dont think i will do it again, took me almost 2 hours becuase my supermarket is set up differently to the supermarkets im used to and then i had to go through and check all the brands/products etc...it changed random things (green beans to mang tout, chocolate biscuits to custard creams etc etc) i littlerally had to go through and check everything, delete somethings and find new things...complete PITA :evil:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: My supermarket question?

Postby Woozle35 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:15 am

I did mine through mysupermarket yesterday and it was the same when it transferred my trolley. At the top were you definitely in Ocado?

Email them and ask them.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 am

yep it was deffinatly in occado... it said as i 'sent my trolley' something along the lines of 'price may change on www.occado.co.uk or whatever it was?

Yeah maybe i will email them, it was interesting to see them all totted up at the top...what you could save between the shops but now im wondering how accurate that was :-?

My avatar
4timeslucky
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby 4timeslucky » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:38 am

I havent used it but know a few people that have.
£15 seems a lot to be out by

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:59 am

megansmummy wrote:yep it was deffinatly in occado... it said as i 'sent my trolley' something along the lines of 'price may change on http://www.occado.co.uk or whatever it was?

Yeah maybe i will email them, it was interesting to see them all totted up at the top...what you could save between the shops but now im wondering how accurate that was :-?

I use it every couple of months and I don't recall the price ever being different, so yes I would email them. I had a problem yesterday that it would not send my trolley to Asda, I emailed them. Eventually it just went through, they emailed me back with a solution and they have emailed me this morning to check it all worked, so seems good cs.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 pm

It's because Occado will give you the price before the offers and also because of potential differences in the weight selected of loose fruit and veg. When your order arrives the price you pay should be closer to the amount my supermarket says.

I'm not sure why it'd be changing produce though, I've only had that when i've shopping with one then changed to another supermarket.

Return to Money Matters