hf1

M&S Diddling Customers Out of Cash?!

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

M&S Diddling Customers Out of Cash?!

Postby doobykat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:43 am

I recently bought some bras from M&S while they had their "Spend £30 on Lingerie, Get £5 Off" promotion.
I had to buy them online, as they rarely have my size in stock in store.
So, I must have ordered ~£150 in bras in total ( :oops: ) as I wanted to try a few of their different designs on, to see which fit the best.
There were a couple of bras that didn't fit very well, totalling £65, so I took them back. However, when I returned them, I didn't receive the full amount back. When I questioned why with the cashier, she said it was due to the items being bought under the "Spend £30 on Lingerie, Get £5 Off" promotion. I pointed out that actually, I still had ~£90 of lingerie items still listed on the receipt that I was keeping, so should surely be entitled to a refund of the full listed price, as the promotion was still valid across the items I was keeping (i.e. I'd spent over £30 on the remaining items, so should still be entitled to the £5 discount across these items). The cashier didn't have any reply for this, so advised I contact customer services, which I did.
Their response was that the discount was divided equally across all applicable items and so if any were returned, I'd be refunded the amount I'd paid for them (i.e. the discounted price). If I'm being picky, the receipt doesn't actually show this - it shows that I paid the full price, with the discount applied at the end, assuming that the £30 spend had been achieved.
And actually, the way they work it, by not giving a full refund, means that I only received £2.75 off a £90 spend on lingerie, not the advertised £5 off a £30 spend :-?
This has now happened again on another order where I bought some vests & knickers & had to return some ill-fitting vests, meaning I've only received £3.70 off a £40 spend :-?
I know it's not huge amounts of cash, but if M&S are doing this to all customers, then it'll soon add up... in their favour :evil:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: M&S Diddling Customers Out of Cash?!

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:46 am

I would send this in a letter to them and what they say once its in writing.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:48 am

Woozle35 wrote:I would send this in a letter to them and what they say once its in writing.

i agree with this

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:54 am

Woozle35 wrote:I would send this in a letter to them and what they say once its in writing.

Great minds think alike :wink:
I wrote all this in an e-mail yesterday evening and sent it off to their customer services dept. (again) so at least it is in writing :thumbsup:
Not sure how far I'll get though, as my original complaint was sent via e-mail (rather than telephone) so I could keep tabs on it :|

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:55 am

That's how Tesco do their discounts too :x it's most annoying if you need to return items :(

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:09 am

That is really poor customer service.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:15 am

Hun, don't let it drop and keep kicking off until you get a refund. In cases like this they get so fed up that eventually they will give you a refund. Just keeping asking to speak to the person's supervisor and then their supervisor.

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:19 am

babyroo wrote:That's how Tesco do their discounts too :x it's most annoying if you need to return items :(

Boooh! Tesco do it too?? :evil: :x
I was wishing I could still get hold of a copy of the T&Cs for this particular promotion, as I'm thinking if the refund policy isn't mentioned on it, by not giving a full refund/applying a full discount to the remaining items they're breaking the Trading Standard rules...? :evil:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:20 am

That is very poor CS, I would expect more from M&S.

Next

Return to Money Matters