hf1

M&S Diddling Customers Out of Cash?!

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: M&S Diddling Customers Out of Cash?!

Postby scarlet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:21 am

Another option ( if you had misplaced your recite ) would be taking them back and getting vouchers / credit.
Maybe better if your a regular customer .

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:24 am

Aww poop cs but I can see what they are doing, you got your discount of your total original order.
Keep at them though and they will give in, they should state things very clearly on their promotion info x

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:26 am

scarlet wrote:Another option ( if you had misplaced your recite ) would be taking them back and getting vouchers / credit.
Maybe better if your a regular customer .

I may well think about doing that in future, as the last time I had to return something without a receipt the voucher they issued was valid for 12 months (& I can usually guarantee I'll buy something from M&S in a 12 month period)

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:40 am

That doesn't sound very fair :-? when I worked in Adams if a customer returned something they'd bought using a similar discount, as long as the orginal amount needed to be spent (i.e. the £30 or whatever) had still been "spent" after the refund it wouldn't matter, if the total came to less than the £30 then obviously the discount would be removed.

I used M&S online to buy Molly some nursery uniforms too, it was advertised as free delivery on school stuff so that made up my mind, when it came to pay though I was only getting 1/3 off the delivery charge, because only one of the three items was a "school" item - the other two were jogging bottoms which were part of her nursery uniform, but I had to pay 2/3 of the normal delivery cost as they weren't "school" clothing, a bit annoying really, and I really had to search the website for the explanation of why this was.

Keep at them, their refund policy is most likely legal, but they will probably refund you if you keep pestering them :wink: Ask where that part of the policy is displayed, it should be at till points or clearly online, and seen at some point during the ordering process (or there should be a link from teh checkout page or somewhere, or a confirmation email)

I've noticed lots of places now don't even exchange things without a receipt (or other proof of purchase), probably because it's quite easy to scam shops without one!

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:10 am

gayleygoo wrote:That doesn't sound very fair :-? when I worked in Adams if a customer returned something they'd bought using a similar discount, as long as the orginal amount needed to be spent (i.e. the £30 or whatever) had still been "spent" after the refund it wouldn't matter, if the total came to less than the £30 then obviously the discount would be removed.

That's exactly what I thought would happen... but no :(

I'm beginning to wish I'd played the system a bit more. I could have returned the whole order & re-ordered in smaller amounts, as the week after I'd placed this particular order, M&S were offering free delivery on orders over £30, as well as the lingerie £5 off promo! So I could have ordered 4 smaller orders, got £5 off lingerie on 3 of them and saved postage too!! :roll:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:27 am

TBH, in that situation, I'd probably buy the items in smaller batches (just over £30 each) to maximise the discount. :oops:

But I can see what they are doing. It's not within the "spirit" of the promotion, but I'll be they say that's what the small prints says they have to do :(

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:58 pm

I would do the same as Tanya and buy in batches. Alternatively I would take the whole lot back for a full refund, then just buy the ones I wanted to keep again!

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:50 pm

i'm not really surprised. i've stopped buying clothes from m and s. my parents always buy the kids things from m and s. when i tried to exchange something for an item of higher cost and pay the extra they said no - they didn't accept returns of any kind on sale items. i think their customer service has really gone down hill

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby est4elvis » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:08 pm

u know what? i am getting rather annoyed these days. i have turned in to the "complaint lady" + through no fault of my own - honest! :giggle: Its like i have to complain all over the place just to get what i rightfully deserve! i always thought those women who complained all the time were a bit well embarrassing but thats me now! No choice! I always get what i want tho. :wink: :yahoo: :hohoho:
the best way to complain (always in writing) is to big them up so; explain how you have always been very impressed with their store, staff, products, customer service, whatever you want/need to say to basically kiss their bum :giggle: + THEN say but it disappointed me that on this occasion blah blah. please can you rectify the situation by returning to your usual 5 star standard.
if you do it this way they always want to adhere to your compliments + maintain the high level of service you have always recieved :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Money Matters