hf1

Maternity allowance?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Maternity allowance?

Postby Shaunie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:14 pm

KimmyM wrote:Heck no have you not heard of the special parsnip allowance. I get my MA in turnips. :hohoho:
Blooming phone I know what I want to say stop correcting.:oops:

PMSl here :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: I do love parsnips but cold hard cash would work better for me!

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:52 pm

I am sending off my form tomorrow. I finish on the 25th of this month so really hoping to find out as soon as possible. Hope you do too hun!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:47 pm

When I did mine (what seems like a lifetime ago) it took 3 months to get anything but I think there was a huge backlog. Martha was born before I got anything and I applied at the earliest point. :( Hope yours comes through much faster.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:16 pm

Sorry to be off topic (hope they get you your MA quickly!) but love the parsnips. :hohoho: Read it it twice before i realised it was an auto-correct thing...Was seriously thinking 'eh? Does she mean get your food in now?' :doh: :giggle: my reading skills are clearly compromised by lack of sleep!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 pm

:hohoho: nope it is just me being a dummy AGAIN.
I would have gone back and corrected after I realised but it made me laugh too. Seriously I should have a proof reader. :oops:

My avatar
ruth+daisy+poppy
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruth+daisy+poppy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:41 am

I'm a supply teacher too and so didn't qualify for SMP this time. MA application took about 3 weeks and I actually didn't send it off until I'd started my mat leave as was waiting for forms from employers (saying they won't pay SMP), but it came through ok and was back dated. It's a bit of a faff with payslips etc but quite straight forward when you get your head round it!

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:09 am

ruth+daisy+poppy wrote:I'm a supply teacher too and so didn't qualify for SMP this time. MA application took about 3 weeks and I actually didn't send it off until I'd started my mat leave as was waiting for forms from employers (saying they won't pay SMP), but it came through ok and was back dated. It's a bit of a faff with payslips etc but quite straight forward when you get your head round it!

Thanks for that! :hug:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:23 pm

ruth+daisy+poppy wrote:I'm a supply teacher too and so didn't qualify for SMP this time. MA application took about 3 weeks and I actually didn't send it off until I'd started my mat leave as was waiting for forms from employers (saying they won't pay SMP), but it came through ok and was back dated. It's a bit of a faff with payslips etc but quite straight forward when you get your head round it!

Did they let you know that you were able to have it and when it would start?

My avatar
ruth+daisy+poppy
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruth+daisy+poppy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:17 am

I'd done a few sums so was pretty sure I'd qualify for it. Can't remember exactly but it was along the lines of average earnings over 13 chosen weeks had to equal more than £120 to qualify for the full MA amount. Then after I'd submitted it all it was about 3 weeks until I got a letter saying first payment would be the next week for x amount (backdated to the date I said I'd started my mat leave) now it's paid every 2 weeks. I got my form from job centre but if you call up for it I think they talk it through with you a bit more. When I sent mine bits off I labelled everything with post-it notes in the hope that if it was super obvious it wouldn't delay the application, don't know if it helped them but I think it actually helped me get my head round it more!!

PreviousNext

Return to Money Matters