Geocaching.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Geocaching.

Postby jules070603 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:01 am

Has anyone else tried this?

We were out locally on Thursday and I decided to see if we could find one and we did :) The kids really enjoyed it so I got home and did a bit of research and started an account then we went out yesterday afternoon and found 2 more.

I've been looking at some more local caches and also looking at places we are going to be visiting this year and there are lots about so I think we will start a little hobby of Geocaching and see how it goes. Its so nice to get out for a walk but have a bit of a challenge for the kids to concentrate on.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Geocaching.

Postby Rox » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:04 am

We've done it a couple of times, Scarlett really enjoys looking for the 'treasure' we started it as we have a dog and sometimes 'lets take the dog out' doesnt sound too appealing so a long walk in a new place looking for treasure did the trick.

We all really enjoyed it, will do more of it this summer :)

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:05 am

I also want to try this. I think there are some easily accessible on public transport too, so I might need to take a look.

We might want to make a meet of it in the summer.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:10 am

Yes they have viewtopic.php?f=84&t=77596

We have been meaning to try it and probably will now the weather is getting warmer :D

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Going to give this a try later, there are 3 just over the road from us. Going to wait till dusk as I'm worried that we'll be too obvious and give the game away :giggle:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:17 pm

We were foiled in our attempt to get the cache in the park we went to as someone took up residence in the area and didn't leave :roll: We'll try again next time.

I have found another stretch of cache' close by though so we can go and try to find those soon :)

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:47 pm

We're off now, wish us luck :giggle:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:39 pm

yeah its good fun and keeps them focused for the walk!! Enjoy!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Yay, even without gps (couldn't work out how to use it on Ellas phone :giggle: ) we found it! Georgia left a plastic spider, she thought it would be funny to scare somebody :giggle:

Next

Return to Activities and things to do with your children