What do you do on rainy days?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: What do you do on rainy days?

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:30 am

Never too early to bake or craft its just AKA making mess at that age. Izzy has been doing both since 1 i would just give it a go. We go out to sure start a lot do you have one near you? Also museuams/art galleries x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:32 am

I find it really hard with Darcie atm and she is 17 months...she really enjoys music and dancing sessions which I can easily do at home and she also loves role play things so if im cleaning she likes to do that with me (damp cloth etc) and if im folding washing then she helps shake and 'fold' everything :giggle: Its more that sort of thing really than actual activities that she enjoys at the moment...she would just suck paint off her fingers, rub glue in her hair etc etc if we did stuff like that atm :roll:

Kieren however at 3 is easy to entertain...toys, playdoh (i made some the other morning as it was rainy and he played with it litterally for hours...there was flour everywhere!!), painting, sticking, books, playing with his trains and track or if all else fails then a DVD :)

She does love soft play but it costs me about £10 to get all mine in so its not something I do every week!

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:07 am

megansmummy wrote:I find it really hard with Darcie atm and she is 17 months...she really enjoys music and dancing sessions which I can easily do at home and she also loves role play things so if im cleaning she likes to do that with me (damp cloth etc) and if im folding washing then she helps shake and 'fold' everything :giggle: Its more that sort of thing really than actual activities that she enjoys at the moment...she would just suck paint off her fingers, rub glue in her hair etc etc if we did stuff like that atm :roll:

My girl is like this, we do have paint but the pots are much more exciting than the actual paints!! Queue pots going upside down etc etc, just the same with baking! Looking dryer today so may go for a walk.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Is softplay suitable for crawlers? Never been...

My avatar
katherineeah1
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby katherineeah1 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:13 pm

ponygirl wrote:
megansmummy wrote:I find it really hard with Darcie atm and she is 17 months...she really enjoys music and dancing sessions which I can easily do at home and she also loves role play things so if im cleaning she likes to do that with me (damp cloth etc) and if im folding washing then she helps shake and 'fold' everything :giggle: Its more that sort of thing really than actual activities that she enjoys at the moment...she would just suck paint off her fingers, rub glue in her hair etc etc if we did stuff like that atm :roll:

My girl is like this, we do have paint but the pots are much more exciting than the actual paints!! Queue pots going upside down etc etc, just the same with baking! Looking dryer today so may go for a walk.

Well if anyone finds the answer, can they let me know too please? V's like this. She's 15 months and into everything but there's no way she'd be able to do proper baking and crafting. Atm she likes to read, play with her blocks, help me empty the dishwasher (sort of...), wipe spills up, rearrange the cupboards etcetc. I've started drawing with her (taping the paper to the floor and using crayons) and sometimes I get a big casserole dish and fill it with cornflour and food dye for a messy play sort of thing. We do go to toddler groups on a monday and wednesday, library once a week and swimming on a friday though but at home she needs really short activities because her attention span isn't all that long.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:18 pm

To be honest on rainy days we just put our Jo Jo Mama Bebe rain suits on and go to the park or zoo or puddle jumping or feed the ducks the weather doesn't stop us too much mainly because I go crazy being stuck in and also trying to explain why we can't go out is mentally painful. Sometimes I make jelly and let them explore it hide toys in it ect. Aqua draw mat can give 10mkns of interest or a star projector in a den is great. We get all the sheets and blankets I can carry build a den look at the stats read a book and maybe even a snack if the interest hasn't worn off already. Building towers never gets boring for mine. Puppet shows to be fair they descend into the babies grabbing them and running off but it fill a little time.

My avatar
AmandyK
Clothie
Clothie

Postby AmandyK » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:59 pm

I am so happy my boys are old enough to keep themselves occupied on rainy days! When my 2nd was that age and his brother was 3 it was a nightmare :doh: . The oldest was full of energy and ready to run around and play or to be engaged in a project and my youngest was just at that awkward age. I wish I had some advice, but I kind of just struggled through that year and prayed for sun until my youngest turned 2 :widesmile:

Previous

Return to Activities and things to do with your children