hf1

Hmm. too many bears.

My avatar
AmandyK
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Hmm. too many bears.

Postby AmandyK » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:28 pm

Soupdragon wrote:@AmandyK she has some lego... are mega blocks like that?

They're exactly like Legos, but they have sets that are larger and fit together in different ways. What I have in mind is more or less Legos for younger kids. I would be nervous letting a child that young play with Legos because it is too easy for them to end up in a mouth or shoved up a nose... :doh:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:
KimmyM wrote:http://www.pocketfulofposiesblog.com/20 ... gh-recipe/
It basically the opposite of ooze it turns from a solid to a powder easily. Great fun and very cheap.

That looks fab, might try it tomorrow. Do you reckon you could dye it with food dye?

To be honest I'm not sure how they would turn out but if you were going to have a go i'd colour the oil (Johnson is perfect for once it smells nice).

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:53 pm

I do this we have three set of toys upstairs, downstairs and one in the attic and every few months I rotate them although the fans always stay.

My avatar
katherineeah1
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby katherineeah1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 pm

AmandyK wrote:I would be nervous letting a child that young play with Legos because it is too easy for them to end up in a mouth or shoved up a nose... :doh:

The ones she's got are pretty big though, they're not like the 1000 piece kits of tiny lego, they're the chunky ones that come in the buckets.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Duplo?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:38 pm

ems101 wrote:btw, carboard boxes are ace for imaginative and stimulating play, and a great reason to do some online shopping ;)

Oh yes, boxes are much more fun than the toys that come in them :roll:

Miss_Purple wrote:
KimmyM wrote:http://www.pocketfulofposiesblog.com/20 ... gh-recipe/
It basically the opposite of ooze it turns from a solid to a powder easily. Great fun and very cheap.

That looks fab, might try it tomorrow. Do you reckon you could dye it with food dye?

Yes, we usually have blue cloud dough! :lol:

Cornflour and water always fascinates them too.

My avatar
katherineeah1
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby katherineeah1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 pm

@KimmyM maybe? They're from mum's house, she dropped them off in a shopping bag :lol:

@Louise Those pics are brilliant! I'm definitely keeping my boxes from now on :)

Actually, come to think of it that would explain V's fascination in anything I'm doing that involves sorting things out :giggle:

My avatar
shyler76
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shyler76 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Not sure how old you LO is but my DD1 has had a box of buttons since she was 2.5yrs (obviously not suitable for a younger baby) and she absolutely loves them. She sorts them into different categories by colour, size, number of holes etc, she counts them and also uses them in imaginative play as money, people, food etc. I also got her a Grimms rainbow stacker (a bit pricey but definitely worth the money) and this is another toy that she finds multiple uses for in both exploratory and imaginative play. Anything that she can use for role play is a massive hit with my LO

Previous

Return to Activities and things to do with your children