hf1

August book club book...

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: August book club book...

Postby moonfruit » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:25 pm

Have managed to get to chapter 6 now and actually looking forward to reading it again tonight. I noticed the next one in the series in in Tesco in the 2 for £7, might be tempted now. Really glad I carried on now. :oops:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:36 pm

Well, I've finally had a note from the library to say that the copy I reserved is back in. So I'll pop in tomorrow to collect it and finally make a start on it. :oops: It wouldn't to do at all to not read the book I suggested. :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:30 pm

Soupdragon wrote:Well, I've finally had a note from the library to say that the copy I reserved is back in. So I'll pop in tomorrow to collect it and finally make a start on it. :oops: It wouldn't to do at all to not read the book I suggested. :giggle:

:hohoho:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 pm

Soupdragon wrote:Well, I've finally had a note from the library to say that the copy I reserved is back in. So I'll pop in tomorrow to collect it and finally make a start on it. :oops: It wouldn't to do at all to not read the book I suggested. :giggle:

Too right, we all ahd to suffer the first chapter now you must too :hohoho:

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:32 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:

Too right, we all ahd to suffer the first chapter now you must too :hohoho:

Well said :hohoho:

Although I am glad you suggested it Nichola now, once you get past the hellish first chapter it is very good!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:11 am

I'm off to carry on reading in a minute as, I must admit, I'm actaully starting to enjoy the book. Just wondered though, does anyone else think that when your reading about Lisbeth the book seems just that bit more interesting, when your back with Blomkvist, everything seems to drag out a bit too much and I find my mind wandering a bit? Just curious to see if anyone feels the same? (I am still in the earlier parts of the book though).

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:09 am

Same here Lisa...

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:32 pm

Finished finally, after a very slow start it was very interesting. Looking forward to chatting about this one.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:34 pm

I agree, first few chapters were a bit disjointed and I found the foreign names and places difficult for me to get into it - my memory isn't what it was and I got confused! But now thoroughly enjoying it - even managed to get a couple of chapters while Ben had a nap this afternoon while sitting in the sunshine !! Look forward to discussing it.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

PreviousNext

Return to Book Club