Join up, join up!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Join up, join up!

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Name : Anthea
Fave books:Anything good from a fantasy writer. I adore Terry pratchet, and Trudi Canavcan. i also like silly chick lits for a bit of escapism every now and again. Also really like the left behind series
Hated books:Biographys and anything that can be realisticly meaningfull/sad. I read to escape from real life not to be reminded of it and th problems people face
Currently reading: Thud by Terry Pratchett
Book I've read the most times:Its a toss up between Harry potter and any of the guars series by Terry pratchett.

My avatar
DanielleUK
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby DanielleUK » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Name : Danielle
Fave books: I love true life stories & autobiographies. Have read some fantastic books :D Its so great to read how people can come threw such bad/upsetting things & be a stronger & more empowering person because of it. Much prefer this to reading about fiction. I do enjoy some fiction though. Thrillers are great. James Patterson is amazing.
Hated books: Can't think right now?
Currently reading: Nothing atm due to being so busywith course work :cry:
Book I've read the most times: Not into reading books more then once.

I really love reading & miss it alot. Once my course work calms down I will start reading again.

My avatar
elliebear
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elliebear » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Name : Ellie
Fave books: I love any fiction books with a supernatural or magical twist, such as Narnia chronicles, or Harry Potter. Haven't got to Twilight yet but will look out for a copy based on the reviews on this board.
Hated books: I once started a book called "We need to talk about Kevin" has anyone else read this, my god it's awful! Talk about depressing!
Currently reading: Facial yoga exercises to stop your wrinkles and make you look younger. Well, for £3.99 it's got to be worth a go!! Seriously, if I think it might work I will do a review and you can all have the benefit of my wisdom! 8-) No facelifts needed for us, girlies!!
Book I've read the most times: Gosh, so many! Most of my childhood loves come back out time after time: Enid Blyton, Arthur Ransome, Jane Austen, the list goes on and on...

My avatar
drummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby drummy » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Name : Vicx
Fave books: Gosh i'm a real eclectic! altho i tend to avoid proper gruesome horror as i have an over active imagination. I've read all the twilight, harry potters, true blood, luv chick lit from sophie kinsella, jill mansell, cecelia ahern etc. Also adore classic kids stuff and proper classics like dickens (i own a full collection) and austen!
Hated books: I cant read things like thomas hardy or tolkien, its just too heavy goingCurrently reading: True blood series again and last night at chateau marmont by lauren weisbergerBook I've read the most times: Rhoald Dahl's matilda, i've read it so many times since i was a kid that i've pretty much memorised it :)

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Name: Justine
Fave books: I like anything really
Hated books: not keen on peoples life stories
Currently reading: Something my OH brought me for christmas about an old man in scotland, ive had to read it as he was complaining that i had not started it :roll:
Book I've read the most times:
The clan of the cave bear series. Just can't get enough of them :giggle:

My avatar
moonsunstars2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby moonsunstars2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Name: Anna

Fave books: Anything that's a light read, normally chick lit, Sophie Kinsella, Cecelia Aherne - Do read others but these are the main Authors I reach for

Hated books: I don't read anything true life (never have - just never appealed), I don't read anything too *heavy*, serious or one that takes a long time to get into, I've tried to read Marian Keyes a few times but have given up everytime.

Currently reading: A Place called here - Cecelia Aherne. A more serious book of her's (not so many LOL areas) but it's lightly written and I'm quite enjoying so far :D

Book I've read the most times: I don't tend to read the same book twice, but do stick to the same Auther, I've read all but one of the Sophie Kinsella books (the one under the S/Kinsella name - not her other name she uses), and most C.Aherne Books.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue May 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Name : Asta
Fave books: Good old bonkbusters! Tasmina Perry is a fav. Also love some fantasy, magician stuff mostly.
Hated books: Books about child abuse, I went through a phase of reading a lot of Tory Hayden, not long after was on jury duty for a child abuse case and it suddenly dawned on me that these stories had happened to real children. Wish I'd never read them.
Currently reading: Bad Girls by Rebecca Chance, total trash - love it!
Book I've read the most times: I don't tend to read books over and over but Gone with the Wind remains on my shelf.

My avatar
monstermummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby monstermummy » Wed May 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Name:Anja

Fave books: I don't think I have a favourite book as such. I love Fred Vargas's crime book - she is writing really well and I could read them in one go. The same with Brigitte Aubert.
I do like Harry Potter and have discovered Margit Sandemo recently and her ice people saga, the only annoying thing is that they have not published a lot of them (there are 48 in total and only 8 or 9 in English or German :evil: ). It also depends hugely on my mood. I do like Arnaldur Indridason and Stieg Larsson. In fact I have not found many Scandinavian (I know AI is from Iceland) writers I do not like reading. Though there are not that many around just yet.

Hated books: Oh dear, there are quite a few, I hated the Cecilia Ahern books I have read (sorry) and I just have not found a good autobiography yet and other real life stories. I also struggle with a lot of classics but that might be a language thing. Fran Vardy series by Ann Granger - though I like Lizzie Martin and Markby and Mitchell.

Currently reading: At the moment I am reading Jean M. Auel Earth's children - The Clan of the Cave Bear and Margit Sandemo (I have found some unofficial translations of some more of the books so am wading through those).

Book I've read the most times: At the moment probably the Harry Potter books, I do have some of my chidldhood books still at my parents which I will read when we are there for our holidays.

My avatar
shuck85
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shuck85 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:43 am

Name: Beatrice

Fave books: Anything that makes me laugh or cry. I love stuff that is set in the past ( anything apart from WW1) Am also obsessed with big city stuff so anything that is set in London, Paris or NY is a hit. Fav authors are probably Patricia Scanlan, Tara Hyland and Diana Gobaldon. I also really enjoy a well written documentary type book or travel book like e.g. Bill Bryson and a good play, either really old ( e.g. Shakespeare comedy ) or really modern.

Hated books: Am not too much into sci-fi and space stuff but a bit is OK. Normally get bored reading biographies of celebs and sportsmen. Am just not into them enough. Also tend to dislike stuff "written" be celebs like e.g. Katie Price books.

Currently reading: So you think you know about Britain - Danny Dorling, Mirror, Mirror - Patricia Scanlan, Shakespeare's works ( I always have several genres on the go )

Book I've read the most times: Momzillas

PreviousNext

Return to Book Club