hf1

July's read - 'Twilight' chat!

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: July's read - 'Twilight' chat!

Postby bryc1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:44 pm

mummytofive wrote:My sister lent me the DVD at the weekend, and I realised how old I've got. She was raving about various actors (she's 21), I'd never heard of and all I could think was aren't they young? Just babies really :shock:

Have just watched it tonight and was dissapointed with it, it was ok to watch but nowhere near as good as book a lot of the actors I felt were wrong for charaters though some grow on me. You are right about ages of actors went onto IBMD and most of them are a lot younger than me, I feel very old which at 28 I shouldn't.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm currently half way through the third book :giggle:

I bought them as a treat to myself ages ago and just put them aside, I took Twilight away to the caraven when we went a few weeks ago (I knew I would have time to read there :wink: ), I confess to thoroughly enjoying it, I am a vampire story lover at heart anyway, I love all the romance, the danger, the mystery and the beauty that (for me anyway) go hand in hand with vampire myths, legends and stories, and Twilight did not disappoint on any of those.

I enjoyed it so much I quickly read the second and as I said am now half way through the third, is the fourth out in paperback yet :giggle: :giggle:

It is easy reading escapism at its best, I love a book that draws me in and I kind of ;see the story' in my minds eye as if I am watching it rather that reading it, I found Twilight easily managed this

jan x

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Not yet in paperback but I couldn't wait :giggle: so DH treated me as it was BOGOF and £2 off at whsmith so got that and host and I am loving it.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Oh dear I think I may have to find a copy of this to read... :? :shock:

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:30 pm

quote="Velvetsteph"]Oh dear I think I may have to find a copy of this to read... :? :shock:[/quote]

I would lend you mine only I have already lent it out and 3 more waiting for it after :giggle: but you have to read it.[

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:05 pm

I didn't join in on this one because I'd watched the DVD and thought it was a bit teen-oriented. But I think I might give it a go anyway if I finish August's read early. It's just a bit rubbish when you read a book but already know the story.....

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:59 pm

I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie either. I didn't like the casting of Edward or Bella.

Would anyone mind if we start discussing the other books in the series at some point (I know a few people are in the middle of reading them now)?

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:04 pm

joeli wrote:I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie either. I didn't like the casting of Edward or Bella.

Would anyone mind if we start discussing the other books in the series at some point (I know a few people are in the middle of reading them now)?

Good idea, I've read all of them. To be honest have re-read Twilight, about to start the 2nd read of New Moon :oops:

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:59 am

mummytofive wrote:Good idea, I've read all of them. To be honest have re-read Twilight, about to start the 2nd read of New Moon :oops:

Don't be embarrased! I reread them all almost immediately after finishing them as well. The first time I read them, I got so engrossed that I speed read through it. The second time is for savoring the story.

PreviousNext

Return to Book Club