December book club book...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

December book club book...

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:13 am

... to be chosen by Joeli - perhaps with a christmas twist!! :giggle: :giggle: :wink:

Could you please place your choice here and tell us why you have chosen this book. :D

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: December book club book...

Postby moonfruit » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Any thoughts yet? No pressure, it's just that I've finished the November book and need direction :oops:

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Oh yes, plenty of thoughts!! Christmas is my favorite time of year and I have so many books that I love to read.

I think, because December is a busy month for many, I pick Skipping Christmas by John Grisham. It's a nice short story but I think it's a good one. (Don't be put off if you've seen the movie).

Bonus: Read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and watch at least one movie adaptation. Then come and post what you think about the movie and how it compares to the book. I'm kind of obsessed with the Christmas Carol have seen a zillion adaptations and love to compare what each adds or leaves out. I even rate them on various attributes and tally up to see which comes out top.

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Wonderful, I'll get my copy of Skipping Christmas and make a start. I'm also going to re-read a Christmas Carol. It was one of my favourite books when I was younger and I've seen loads of the adaptations. It will be nice to re-read some older books, I recently picked up my copy of To Kill a Mocking Bird and fell in love with it all over again.

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Skipping Christmas is now heading my way, just need to locate my copy of A Christmas Carol :-?

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:07 pm

The Christmas Carol should be avaible freely online (both in print and in audio--note, these are just the first I found by googling, better free audio versions may exist) as it's gone into the public domain.

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Now have both, although need to get another couple of a Christmas Carol as mine is printed from the net and it's just not the same :roll:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:15 pm

mummytofive wrote:Now have both, although need to get another couple of a Christmas Carol as mine is printed from the net and it's just not the same :roll:

I don't like to read from a4 sheets either. I like the feel of a book, especially a well used one :oops: :giggle: am I weird?

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:
mummytofive wrote:Now have both, although need to get another couple of a Christmas Carol as mine is printed from the net and it's just not the same :roll:

I don't like to read from a4 sheets either. I like the feel of a book, especially a well used one :oops: :giggle: am I weird?

If you are then so am I. :hohoho: I love books, and refuse to throw any away.

Next

Return to Book Club