hf1

Anyone with a suggestion for Feb?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Anyone with a suggestion for Feb?

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:29 pm

LilMrsAverage wrote:what type of books do you all like?? Then I can get an idea of what to suggest! I'm a bit of a reading nut... Love love love to read.... :oops:

.... going to recommend a couple....

Bitten - Kelley Armstrong like an adult twilight ish...
Memnoch th Devil - Anne Rice
Anything by Maritna Cole :wine:
Flowers in the Attic - Virginia Andrews
Lord Loss - Darren Shan - 'teen fiction ' type book, but he writes very well! x

Ta da! x
:giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: this is clearly not my kind of book group.....but I will bow out graciously and leave you all to it :wink:

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:34 pm

No don't go! - bet I can suggest other you'll like! X

What type of books do you like??

Going to also suggest

Jonathon livingston seagull by Richard Bach - not a long book but one of my favourite

The book of lost things which is beautiful by john connoly
And my sisters keeper (makes me cry)

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Ah no but the whole point of a book club is that you read things you wouldn't normally choose for yourself :wink:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:48 pm

My second suggestion is The Shaman by Noah Gordon.

DH is always telling me that it's the best book he's ever read. It's from a series of about four books, it's not the first in the series but apparently the best. Although the entire series is very very worth a read. I must read it at some point, so the club might as well be the excuse :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:54 pm

What we used to do on Repromed (my other BB) is have a list of who chose which months, and they then just chose a book - so no debate, and it meant we got a really wide range of books to read

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:55 pm

I'd like to join but I'm not sure if I will get time to finish a book in a month :oops:
I don't really read unless I'm on holiday.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:08 pm

northernruth wrote:What we used to do on Repromed (my other BB) is have a list of who chose which months, and they then just chose a book - so no debate, and it meant we got a really wide range of books to read

This is what we started doing for the first few months (before people got a bit busy and Christmas got in the way) - guess we need a list of who wants to join in and then we can allocate the choices again.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:26 pm

A really great book- The Other Hand by Chris Cleave, it's quite harrowing in places but I really loved it. :wine: Enjoy choosing your book.
I am a 'waterstones' card holder and they send some really good reccomendations, it might be worth checking the website for some good reads. :wink:

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:14 pm

I've been dipping in and out of this bookclub a bit, reading the books I liked the sound of and at least having a go at some of the ones I wasn't so keen on (Marley and Me had to be returned with only the first 3 chapters read - not for me :| ).

I think it's nice for each member to have an opportunity to choose a book, then others read authors and genres they might not normally pick. I was a bit sniffy about the choice of 'Twilight', but have since read it and enjoyed it - and it's the sort of book I would NEVER have picked myself as I thought it was just for 14 year-olds :giggle:

I'm in the middle of Russell Brands 'My Booky Wook' atm and have a couple more I received as Christmas presents, but will try and read whatever is decided upon :D . Quite like the sound of a few of the suggestions so far, but I have to say I've read a few already too...including 'Flowers in the Attic'....about 25 years ago!!! :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Book Club