hf1

Trying to find the right pocket.

My avatar
Fibefm
Clothie
Clothie

Trying to find the right pocket.

Postby Fibefm » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi, I am very new to the reusable world and am currently trying the Thirsties Snap and Little Lambs pockets on my 8 month old daughter. The issue i have is that she is quite chunky - with very chubby squishy thighs. The LL rubs, so I have parked that until she slims down a bit, the Thirsties is ok, but still quite tight.
I have come across weenotions and am hoping to find one to try - but then I have seen that you can choose front fastening or side? Do I need to try both - is there a difference in the fit?
Help please as being new this is all a bit scary! Are there any other makes/brands that could be better or worth trying and also, where do I find them for sale to try?
Thank you :-?

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Trying to find the right pocket.

Postby ponygirl » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:07 pm

I have a tall but slim girl so completely different! But I do like smartipants and itti bitti dlish.

Also how about using fitteds and wool? I would think the fit would be a bit more forgiving than pockets.

Hope that helps

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Wee Notions are great. Have a look in the classifieds section. Re front or side snaps, its all down to personaly preference. We don't get a great fit with front fastening nappies so 95% of my stash is side snaps. I find them better as there are two sets of snaps to adjust (waist and thigh) whereas with front fastening there's just the one set of waist snaps.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:39 pm

we couldn't ever get WN to fit our small waist chunky thighs DS1 either OS or SS. Pockets that worked for us were ecobubs,greenkids and bumgenius

My avatar
Fibefm
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Fibefm » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi, thanks everyone, this is so helpful - I will definitely try the SS (I am still learning all you abbreviations and lingo!)
I have also just found Swaddlebees pockets - they look quite good too...
I may become addicted to this forum!!!
:D

My avatar
Fibefm
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Fibefm » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:28 pm

I am still looking!! Quick question.......... Are Blueberry and Swaddlebees the same? They have the same or similar blurb and sizing?
Also, ittibitti look very similar, so now trying to find the cheapest way of trying all these out!

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:55 pm

swaddlebees are much trimmer between the legs but i found this not to be a good thing and we got countless leaks. given the choice i would go with blueberrys everytime.

My avatar
Tmc123
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Tmc123 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Fibefm wrote:Hi, thanks everyone, this is so helpful - I will definitely try the SS (I am still learning all you abbreviations and lingo!)
I have also just found Swaddlebees pockets - they look quite good too...
I may become addicted to this forum!!!
:D

This sounds like a very familiar story. My little man outgrew btp and many large nappies at just over a year and I didn't know what I was going to put him in. I found that the fuzzi bunz pockets very forgiving on the fuller figured bubba - they have seperate waist and leg snaps - he's 20m now and the large is actually a little big on him so we've even got growing room. I've also just bought some large swaddlebees and I'm finding them a fabulous Fit ( with rrom to spare on my wide waisted chunky thighed man even though I've never got on with ss before -Good luck x

My avatar
Fibefm
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Fibefm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:29 am

TMC 123, which swaddlebees did you use? I have now got so confused, but think I have narrowed my search and trial down to.......
Bummis
Blueberry
Swaddlebees
Bubblebub Candies
Wanderoos
However, I now need to work out whether to do AI1or AI2 or pocket and then what I need! I have become so confused with the whole bl**dy thing, I nearly gave up and stuck with pampers, but Erin reacts so it's not fair.
Thanks again everyone, and feel free to give me an idiots guide as I feel like an idiot!
Fiona x :-?

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies