hf1

Trying to find the right pocket.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Trying to find the right pocket.

Postby little1 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:07 pm

personally i prefer AIO's or AI2's as i can't be bothered stuffing pockets. I have tried almost every brand of nappy out there and have recently simplified my stash and now only use 2 different brands, Bumgenius Flips and totsbots easyfits (V2 and v3). The easyfits would be a good option if you're looking for simplicity, most people on here get on with them and they fit from a couple of months old up to potty training, come with velcro or poppers (v3) and the latest version (v3) dry super quick. They can also be boosted for heavy wetters.

I've posted this before but totsbots have got a code to get a trial pack free, it includes a onesize easyfit v3. The ther nappies in there may not fit your LO but can be sold on for more than the pack will cost you.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.427 ... id.2684/.f use the code btrial12 at checkout and its half price with free delivery. I ordered one recently and they had no white nappies in stock so kindly sent me lovely coloured ones for the same price.

If your not sure then best advice is to but preloved nappies of different types, try them out and sell the one you don't get on with on.

I've got a medium real easy aio in white, a blueberry onesize pocket in dalmation and a cherry easyfit V2 if you wanted to try them out i could sell you all three for £20 (includes postage) :wink:

My avatar
Fibefm
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Fibefm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi Little1,
Thank you that is definitely helpful.
I have just had a nappy adviser here from babykind (?) and she has left me with a stash to try which includes
motherease
wanderoo
blueberry
realeasy
swaddlebee (the discontined one)
ittibitti
fuzzibunz - which look bril as they have adjustable legs
I can't remember what else but they are amix of pocket and the all in ones/twos.
I have also ordered a bubblebubs as the lady was so helpful and I read good reviews. I will do this for a week and hopefully be able to choose the right nappy! - or turn to wine and hide in the corner!!!!!
:-)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:45 pm

I was just going to wade in with Fuzzibunz! I loved them for my LO as they are so adjustable, and we had the sized ones. I never got on with Swaddlebees and I loved Pop ins (not sure what these are called now?)

Blueberry were good for us but I found them very expensive. Fuzzis are great and cheap, and the insert they come with isn't the best but you can use it almost as a booster and use bamboo inserts instead (greenbaby are the best IMO)

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Johanna21 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Just to confuse you further, I like Bumgenius pockets and have had a good fit on chunky thighed dd and slimer ds. My new discovery (due to a half price offer during real nappy week :D ) is Hip Hip Baby Real Easy. They're a sized all-in-one but the insert stuffs into a pocket so you can add extra inserts/boosters if necessary for extra versatility. My lo is 16months now and fits both the medium and large so there's a lot of adjustability. I've just ordered a couple more from Kingdom of Fluff where they're 20% off just now (I think).

I also agree with the advice to try the stuff in your trial pack and trawl the classifieds for anything else you fancy. Once you know what you like you can spend your money more confidently.

Hope you find something that works.

My avatar
Fibefm
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Fibefm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Ok, so we have had a go on our stock, and what fun we are having!
We had a couple of hours in the afternoon in the swaddlebee, with a wrap over, however, her wee seemed to soak the whole thing - stayed contained, but wet all the way to the top of the front, and she wasn't in it for very long. Nice fit though.
So, Erin was off to bed in the fuzzibunz............... but I just couldn't make is fit so then there wasn't any bulk in the way - she could barely move (which on one hand was really good!!). Do I need to keep both inserts?
So we took that off and she went to bed in the blueberry, and it was brill, no leaks or marks on the leg. 1 down, 10 to go!!
I then changed her out of that first thing and put her in the Real Easy, again, pretty good, not tight on legs and not too bulky, but I found it bulkier than the blueberry.
Then I needed to change her as she pooped, so put her in the motherease with a wrap thingy, within an hour the nappy was soggy and the wrap was too tight, even on loosest setting so that has gone on the "no" pile.
We then went out in the ittibitti d'lish - such a good fit, but............ gutted as it leaked wee......... She did have it on for about 3 1/2 hours and pooped but I was gutted it leaked as it's such a good fit - any ideas/sugeestions?
She has gone to bed in the real easy to try that for the night, and hopefully tomorrow we will try the Wanderoo and the bubblebubs.
I have definitely worked out that the "softer" nappies are better - I am going to try the ittibitti again tomorrow (I only have one so it is on the line!) And I may try the fuzzi with just one liner...

Anyway, thanks again for all your help and suggestions, I will hopefully have got this all sussed by Monday and place some orders somewhere!!
x :yahoo:

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 pm

are the nappies new? If so they may need several washes to get up to full absorbancy. Also be aware if you're using poppered vest you may need to size up or get vest extenders as the can cause wicking if too tight over the nappy. Sound like you're having fun tho :wink:

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Glad you're getting on so well! Re: your itti leaking, 3 1/2 hours in quite a long time for a cloth nappy, hon. Most expect to change every 2-3 hours. If you know you're going longer than that (ie, in the car), you can always add an extra booster.

My avatar
Tmc123
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Tmc123 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:41 am

Fibefm wrote:TMC 123, which swaddlebees did you use? I have now got so confused, but think I have narrowed my search and trial down to.......
Bummis
Blueberry
Swaddlebees
Bubblebub Candies
Wanderoos
However, I now need to work out whether to do AI1or AI2 or pocket and then what I need! I have become so confused with the whole bl**dy thing, I nearly gave up and stuck with pampers, but Erin reacts so it's not fair.
Thanks again everyone, and feel free to give me an idiots guide as I feel like an idiot!
Fiona x :-?

The swaddlebees I'm using are sized pocket nappies in large - find pockets much more manageable on my very wriggly toddler. My LO outgrew most btp nappies at just over a year but these are a perfect fit on the middle setting. Don't use the mf insert they came with though prefer to use a prefold and little lamb bamboo booster - getting a good 3 hours out of them. It's good that you're getting to try them all out before you start spending too much money - I've tried just about everything and the trouble is that every bubba is different so you can't go by personal recommendation too much - it does get easier...honest :wave:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:56 am

I'd also agree that 3.5 hours is a long time for a cloth nappy.

If you are using fitteds that need a wrap over, the nappy itself will feel wet, that is normal.

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies