hf1

Minki yoyo stuffing

My avatar
ruthybabe
Clothie
Clothie

Minki yoyo stuffing

Postby ruthybabe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:46 pm

I have 2 slinky minki yoyos that I'm using with my toddler for a night nappy. At first they were fine, but recently he's been waking up wet. I think it might be wicking issue rather than soaking through them though. I'm using one prefold and 2 little lamb bamboos to stuff the minki. Has anyone else used this nappy for night use and what did you stuff with? Thanks.

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Minki yoyo stuffing

Postby Johanna21 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:55 pm

I use Minki yoyos as a night nappy for my 3 year old and we've had a few problems. I bought the extra large which was probably a mistake as I think it's able to move too much when she moves in bed and we've had a few leaks.

I stuff it with an easy peasy hemp insert and a couple of Little Lambs bamboo boosters partly overlapping cos I have nothing that's long enough on its own. I sometimes put a microfibre insert (a BG one) in too to make sure the wee absorbs quickly to try to avoid leaks.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone else has found a better solution.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 pm

I use Petit dessous (sp) or a large bamboo terry. I tried the XL and it was too big as well.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 am

I would try Ptit dessous and EP hemp. How much do they differ from standard minkis?

My avatar
ruthybabe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ruthybabe » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the slinkies are just lower in rise than the standard. I was going to get the standards but it's a long story why I went for the slinkies in the end. I'm tempted to get one standard to compare. Any other suggestions welcome :)

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies