Fuzzi bunz leaking

My avatar
kellysomer
Clothie
Clothie

Fuzzi bunz leaking

Postby kellysomer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi all,

My son is now 4 weeks old and as i loved Fuzzis with my first son i wanted to use them again. I have bought small Fuzzis as not a fan of BTP on such a small baby. I am finding that the nappies are leaking through the leg stitching and wetting his vests, and with soiled nappies he yellow NB poo is wicking through the stitching a tiny bit and staining clothes. Is there a way to stop this?

Also a couple of the fuzzis, need the leg elastic replacing, any tips? I have found the back elastic very quick to replace but am struggling with the leg elastic.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Fuzzi bunz leaking

Postby Dancing mum » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:58 pm

No advice unfortunately but I'm watching this post with interest as a had a few small FB and experienced the same problem and so have been debating whether to even bother with the two large ones I have now that LO is big enough for them (don't have any mediums so haven't used them for several months now). :-?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:06 am

:wave:

I didn't have much luck at all with pockets on Louis when he was a NB, like you I found they leaked really badly and just didn't provide the containment that a 2 part system did. I love love loved my Fuzzi Bunz once he was a little older, we had quite a few of them in medium (which did me through until potty training from about 6 months) they were my workhorse nappy.

kellysomer wrote:Also a couple of the fuzzis, need the leg elastic replacing, any tips? I have found the back elastic very quick to replace but am struggling with the leg elastic.

@kellysomer this tutorial looks quite good and clear and simple to follow:
http://hesaboobman.blogspot.com.au/2010 ... ep-by.html

Let us know how you get on and welcome to the site :D :wave:

My avatar
kellysomer
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kellysomer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Thank you both, it was mentioned to me that a tumble dry can help to reseal the stitching but as i dont have a tumble drier and have 40+ nappies that could be tricky!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:41 am

kellysomer wrote:Thank you both, it was mentioned to me that a tumble dry can help to reseal the stitching but as i dont have a tumble drier and have 40+ nappies that could be tricky!

Yes it can help to have a blast in a dryer, you don't need long - just 10 mins in a hotish dryer is all you want to do and could be worth a try. Do test with one only first as you don’t want to ruin a whole heap. Have you got a friend or family that has one you could use?

My avatar
kellysomer
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kellysomer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Have now tried the tumble dryer and they are still leaking :doh:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:33 pm

May or may not help but...how tight are the vests your lo is wearing? They could poss be compressing the nappy and causing moisture/poo to leak out of the legs?
Thats the only thing i could think of apart from a dodgy pul batch?

My avatar
kellysomer
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kellysomer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:39 pm

I have popped him up into 0-3 vests now as did think that and its still happening, the fuzzis are all from different batches as bought them over a 9 month period preloved so it must be user error.

I am at the brink of giving up cloth which is a shame as i love it. Either that or try another pocket nappy.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Maybe he's just a super wee-er! Try little lamb sized pockets. They come with super absorbent inners and they are gusseted. They are the only pockets that have worked for us

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies