hf1

Heavy Wetters

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Heavy Wetters

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:26 pm

I have moved fully to fitteds with wool wraps as they seem to be working for us far better than the pockets. Should try a pocket again, I always boosted with bamboo before we got to such heavy wetting.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:52 pm

As a few PP's have said, minkee pockets really aren't the best thing for heavy wetters. I always had to use a 2 part system with my little boy who'd wee for Wales lol! There were only one or two pockets that I could use on those and they were fleece ones. Minkee would last about half an hour on him lol!

Fitteds with wool would probably be your best bet, but if you do want to try pockets go for something fleece or wool and something that you can stuff plenty into lol!

:)

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:15 pm

i think sam is quite a heavy wetter and i use pockets- bb ss and wn ss and ud os mainly stuffed with a bbos combo insert with fuzzi insert on top and hemp sb (double layer) insert under this lasts about 2 hours 3 if i am lucky :-?

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:32 pm

I've had quite good success using Fuzzis with large cotton prefolds inside. Just cheap Junior Joy prefolds (the ones with blue stitching) and I pad fold them with extra fold in the front for Benjamin. They really will hold a lot of urine without leaking! I've *never* had success with *any* pockets for him using microfibre inserts! Well, only if I had the microfibre in addition to cotton or bamboo (either a prefold, cotton flannel, or half a bamboo terry square). But if it's microfibre inserts on their own, as soon as he sits down in a fairly wet nappy, the urine just presses out and clothes are all wet! Obviously, fitteds are more reliable - but I always put Fuzzi Bunz on him when we're out & about for the day/afternoon - using the prefolds - and we're quite leak-free.

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Laura2904 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:49 am

green kids inserts are great when they've been washed a few times. My holly is a heavy wetter and i bought an itti bitti for her but it leaked, i think that was because it didnt fit right around the legs though, Im going to have another later lol
fuzzi bunz are great in my experience, i found the multisized on my baby that the small was a bit tight so best to stick to btp
we also use green kids minkee times- absolutely fab :D go to nappyzone.com for them. they have a big bum n them but are gorgeous and feel beautiful!
bumgenius... a winner all round, velcoro is easier than poppers obviously.
tots bots i loved as this fitted perfectly on hollys waste but was a bit big n the thighs and did leak but 2nd try today and we'll see what happens.
wonderoos, like fuzzi bunz, is alot of poppers. they're not my fave although only because i found if i double stuffed they they looked like they were gunna blow up haha but otherwise they do their job well
dry bee- pretty colours and worked excellent on holly i must say!! great fit, a littl bit of wicking but whereas all other nappys were damp on the inside from the inserts being soaked through after 2hrs [i always use a microfibre/terry insert with a hemp insert or a bamboo inset with a hemp insert- one thick, one thin- hemp is a great absorbant as i bamboo] this one wasnt at all, infact i could have just restuffed and re-used!
right i think thats all the ones i have...
i have a wn in the post :D

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Thu May 21, 2009 5:42 pm

Just been reading this thread...quick question. Why are fitteds better for heavy wetters than pockets? I have a very heavy wetter and am using pockets but find I have to double up on inserts or add a booster at least.
Quite a new clothie so not sure about all the pros and cons for different types.
:)

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu May 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Pockets are fairly limited in the amount of stuffing that they can take, whereas a fitted means that the actual nappy itself is absorbent, plus you can add additional boosting. A bamboo nappy with hemp boosting is so much more absorbent than a pocket just stuffed with MF.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Thu May 21, 2009 7:28 pm

Aah...I see! Yep am struggling to stuff and get a reasonable amount of time in one. So are fitteds better at nightime too for heavy wetters?

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:42 pm

yep, fitteds are better at night.
i used to use wonderoos at night but at 7 months could no longer get enough stuffing in it without her legs sticking out sideways & getting a massive builders bum! :crossbaby:
now i use bamboo quick flips or night notions & an xtra bamboo booster if i think its needed.

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies