hf1

Minki Flippa

My avatar
yellowdaisy
Clothie
Clothie

Minki Flippa

Postby yellowdaisy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi all, I have just received a minki flippa in the post from a lovely mama here and i'm a little concerned as it is HUGE. I love love love it but i'm wondering if it got so big because I put an insert in the pocket or if (because of the doubleness/flippa ability) it is always going to be bigger than a normal minki?
I'm going to be sad if I have to only use this as a night nappy as its sooo cute and I want to show it off in the day...

does anyone have this and know what I mean? maybe I don't need to add an insert???

thank you xx

Clare

My avatar
SaturdayNext
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Minki Flippa

Postby SaturdayNext » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi Clare, fancy running into you here! :lol:

I've just got a large Standard Minki and it is enormous. The DS has to wear it on the very tightest setting and there's so much space in the pocket I could almost stuff a cushion in it.

It's a very good nappy but I doubt I'll find a pair of trousers to go over it so I think it's going to be a potter about the house with not much else on nappy! Or a night nappy - but for the moment I'm sticking to my trusty two-parters.

Heather

My avatar
yellowdaisy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby yellowdaisy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:45 am

Hi Heather. lol yes good to see you (virtually) :hug: how have you been? I flew in from Italy yesterday so have picked up my bundle of nappies. I love them but am disappointed that a few are massive. All size large but some are bigger than others. I think I might have to get selling some so I can buy more that fit (or just buy more :giggle: ). I bought a pair of longies yesterday from flowerpot tots they should arrive today and will be worn over the huggle night nappies I bought new. Her bum will look mahoooosive but doesn't matter at night I guess as long as she is comfortable.

Clare xx

My avatar
SaturdayNext
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby SaturdayNext » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Aw, they look cute with a big bum!

If I get another Minki I'll make it medium and probably Slinki rather than Standard. I'm very impressed with the WeeNotions One Size and the Blueberry One Size for a slim fit.

The size seems to vary so much. I have large Itti Bittis and they are tiny by comparison with the Minki.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies