hf1

leaky pop-in dream dri

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

leaky pop-in dream dri

Postby litlestar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 pm

my dream dri has started leaking - not at the legs (unless the elastic as shot and i haven't noticed) but it seems to be at the seam on the underside of the nappy.

i've never tumble dried the covers, only dried on airers near the radiators.

any ideas?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: leaky pop-in dream dri

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Sometime PUL needs 'resetting' in the tumble dryer. This would be a good first port of call i think :wink:

My avatar
mammymade
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mammymade » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:52 pm

i thought you werent meant to tumble dry pop in covers, im sure my friend did one of hers and it went all crinkly and unusable, if youre gna try it i would make sure its on cool :D

x

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby litlestar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks Ladies

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:50 pm

mammymade wrote:i thought you werent meant to tumble dry pop in covers, im sure my friend did one of hers and it went all crinkly and unusable, if youre gna try it i would make sure its on cool :D

x

:oops: I don't have a tumble dryer so I haven't tried it to honest. Just going by advice given for bumgenius that I have seen. I have just checked the label and it does say do not tumble dry or radiator dry. I must admit I dry mine on one of those radiator dryer things and they are fine. Never had a problem with leaking round the stitches either though :-?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Wouldnt tumble...my OH accidentally tumbled one of the Pop-in outers and it went crinkly. Its still fine but I wouldnt risk it as they seem particularly sensitive to heat for some reason.
The stitches havent degraded or anything have they?

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies