hf1

Fake BBOS

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Fake BBOS

Postby chocmuffin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:43 pm

:idea: Hi, can anyone tell me whether or not this is a fake BBOS as it has 3 rows (across) of poppers to popper down & all my others had 2! Hope someone has an answer to this as I would like to sell it, but don't want to unknowingly sell a fake nappy :oops:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/413/003ju.jpg

Your knowledge is greatfully recieved! :lol:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Fake BBOS

Postby rachel » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Does it have the BB label in it? I only have BBSS's so can't compare for you :-? I can't believe there would be *fake* cloth nappies!!! :shock:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Where did you buy it from? There were a load on ebay quite a while ago. It doesn't look like a BBOS to me.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:27 pm

I've just taken an emerald one out of the box (direct from the distributor) and they have 2 rows of poppers as they always have had.

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:31 pm

It looks different to me but I'm no expert on BBOS.

There are so many fake nappies on ebay it's not funny - I think some companies won't honour the warranty if you buy them from ebay you have to go to a proper shop/online shop and I don't blame them.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:34 pm

My newest BBOS have three rows of poppers I *think* (it's in the wash so can't check right now), and I didn't buy it from ebay... It also doesn't have the extra flap at the back to stop the insert sliding out like my older ones do...

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:48 pm

I think the BBOS I bought recently has 3 rows, but is in wash so can't check. Bought it from classifieds though, so who knows it's origin.

Did a quick google search - all the photos seem to have only the 2 rows of snaps, but perhaps the promo photos haven't been updated?

ETA: my memory must be rubbish... have checked and it's 2 rows of poppers

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:29 am

It did come from ebay, although it was an ebay shop that seems to be well established. It also doesn't have a flap at the pocket opening, although it seems to be well made otherwise. I think I might try to contact BB & ask them. I'll get back to you all when I have an answer.
Thanks for your replies :lol:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:34 am

That flat at the back, they haven't had that since they brought the new prints out and they've had 3 rows of poppers since then. I got my most recent from stratford nappies, so 100% doubt those would be fakes.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies